Humana Pushing In-Home Health/Wellbeing Surveys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humana Pushing In-Home Health/Wellbeing Surveys

I just got a call from Humana urging me to schedule an "In-home health and wellbeing survey". I understand that they are tasked under Medicare to provide for medical needs of elderly folks, but wanting to come into our home to do it just ain't going to happen. I kinda hated to be rude to the guy on the phone, but there's no way I'm allowing some contract minimum wage paper pusher to come in here and look around. Anything they need to know about me they can get from my doctor, when and if I go to him.

Paranoia rant off.

Aw, come on now....you couldda had some fun. Send him through three fields and two ditches (preferably with a few inches of water in them) to get to some obscure outbuilding or pump house, and meet him there.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

That ain't paranoia, that's realism. Why do they think you want to have strangers in your home? Minimum wage nobodies often make money on the side by selling information, fine, they can sell someone else's info. They don't need to know if you have a huge dog or alarm system (or both.) And it's completely not their business if you own a firearm or a safe.

Part of your "survey" should be personal security awareness, and all of us here are damned well aware that all manner of scum try to prey on older citizens, either directly by home invasion, theft, identity crime, or by scare tactics like a f****ing politician or insurance company.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Why say anything when a single finger can say it all?
        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

They must be getting ready to raise premiums again and need to document how much "extra" you're getting.

Comment

They may just want to verify that I'm alive. Haven't been to a doctor in a couple of years now, so they haven't had to spend any money on my behalf. I'm about to fix that tomorrow, though, when I go for an eye exam and new glasses.

Comment

Working...
            X