Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost of food and where will it come from ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of food and where will it come from ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQgXxeVs8E How will the solar minimum effect the cost going into the cool down . We aren't ready for this as a nation because of the CO2 bullshit . Do our home work on what you'll need to put food on your table .

now to put it in perspective of the world over time
    VostokTemp0-420000 BP.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Infidel View Post
      now to put it in perspective of the world over time
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]8333[/ATTACH]

8,000 years ago the human population was estimated as 100 million or less. Today it's over 7.4 billion. If we average caloric intake at 2,000 per human per day, thats 14.8 trillion calories per day consumed vs 200 billion 8,000 years ago.

Per year 5,402,000,000,000,000 or 5.402 quadrillion calories per year and counting. Contemplate how much food that is.
      Converted to BTU thats 2,142,252,923,067,590.725042 or over 2.142 quadrillion btus.

Even a slight decrease in world food production due to a slight cooling has a strong likelihood for catastrophic effects on the world population.
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

What scares me is the serious possibility of a major epidemic. As we continue to crowd more tightly, develop super bugs by indiscriminate use of medications, and weaken the species by not only saving individuals that would have died 100 years ago, but allowing and encouraging them to procreate, we are set for a major disaster.

No, I am not advocating limiting reproductive rights or anything, but just stating the obvious.

BTW, there does not seem to be a major drop in the population for the flu epidemic. I thought that had a significant effect?

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
          What scares me is the serious possibility of a major epidemic. As we continue to crowd more tightly, develop super bugs by indiscriminate use of medications, and weaken the species by not only saving individuals that would have died 100 years ago, but allowing and encouraging them to procreate, we are set for a major disaster.

No, I am not advocating limiting reproductive rights or anything, but just stating the obvious.

BTW, there does not seem to be a major drop in the population for the flu epidemic. I thought that had a significant effect?
          On the scale of that chart, only the black death made a big enough dent to be noticeable. Depending on your source, it was roughly 20% of the total world population. Should it happen again, 20% of 7.4 billion plus now or 1.48 billion people.
          When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I could honestly see a pandemic taking over 20%, as crowded as the major cities are these days. The scariest thing is how many of the world's medical professionals would be high-risk, from the stress loads, over-work, and over-exposure risk they already have!

Glove discipline is still down, because people are happy with sanitizer? No I'm not! Sanitize, and glove the **** up!
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

many of those sanitizers are not effective anyway. The ones that are have some nasty side effects not being discussed. All this antibacterial stuff in every day items is going to cause some serious issues before long.

heck, they are finding bacteria growing IN the 70% isopropyl alcohol bottles in some hospitals.

Comment

look for Ethyl Alcohol at least 70% , Everclear can be bought at 95% this will kill the AIDS virus so is corrosive enough to kill a lot of stuff . Denatured alcohol is cheaper , what do you think WLynn .

Comment

I think listening to redman isn't a bad start. But on the "people medicine" side, it's the same news, the germs are getting stronger, and people are making themselves microbiologically (if that ain't already a word, it is now,) weaker.

And to the original post, well, why else do you think we're all here, talking about things that will keep over time with little to no processing, or how to process meat to jerky (or sausage, or in a jar,) safely for future use, make-do greenhouses, growing things in a variety of conditions? I won't make it past another 4 or 5 decades, tops, but I got grandkids to think of.

Their inheritance, currently, is in personal knowledge and experience, books, tools that don't need plugged in, and a HEAPING helping of "we can do this" attitude. I don't just gather stuff up and do some canning, I involve the boys - they know that cooking isn't just for girls, it's for anyone that eats. That you have to risk thorns to pick berries and save some of your summer in a jar. That if you go to hunt or forage, you need to know that something might hunt YOU.

Comment

Yep, I definitely have things here that will hunt me. We found bear scat when we were out exploring the other ridge July 4th. Old, but they're here. Been looking at designs for bear-proof composting bins. Might be doing one pile for the kitchen scraps - and then another that includes the brushy stuff I constantly have to keep up with.

Comment

Sac, you may end up needing to get one of those middlin-small, home-owner size, chippers to feed branches to. I'd rather hear that you have so much chipped-mulch that you're providing it to neighbors, than to hear that you got bit by some snake that was hiding in a brush pile.

Of course, I think snake is tasty, so people should look for them anyway. It's always the people who DON'T want to east the li'l bastages that get bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X