Foxfire Mountaineer Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foxfire Mountaineer Festival

Ok, this year the Foxfire Mountaineer Festival in Clayton Ga will be on Saturday October 07. Bluegrass music, demonstrations of blacksmithing, pottery making, old textile methods,lumberjack contests, contests for the kids and many, many more .

Dang, that sounds like a good time. Wish I was closer.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

I had not heard of this one. In my own backyard. I will have to go visit

Comment

Clayton's not that far from where we have relocated. Thanks for the heads up. I'm putting on my calendar right now!

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
          I had not heard of this one. In my own backyard. I will have to go visit
          I was the same way redman2006. Ive lived in this area all my life, and had never heared of it until a couple of years ago.
          But if memory serves me corectly, this is the 51st annual mountaineer festival! Its been going on for over 50 years!!!
          And its put on by Foxfire, as in the Foxfire books and magazines. They also have the Foxfire heritage center about 4 miles away in mountain city near black rock mnt. State park.

Comment

Joyce, it's nice to see you here and glad to hear you made your move. Are you enjoying retirement?

Comment

Hey, my friend, good to hear from you. Yes, we FINALLY got permanently to the mountains. The last year has been so busy! Between packing, getting rid of stuff and then getting settled in here it has been a whirlwind. I have literally not had enough time to think let alone post anything. But, I'm back now. Got some new chicks a few weeks ago - Austrolorps. I think I am going to start a new thread "Chickens and all things fowl". Join me there and we can catch up.

Comment

Working...
              X