China has bombers on high alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China has bombers on high alert

Just reported on cnn, china has its bombers on high alert and are prepping more due to possible" north korean event".
    Guys, this puts me on edge more than anything ive heared since all this started. I can not remember a single time ive ever heard something like this with china.
    I fear we are about to step right in to one of AA's books.
    If so, God bless us all.

China has been concerned about the All High Pudgy Leader for a while, they don't have him as firmly under their thumb as they think. And worse, he isn't just bat-shit crazy, he's bat-shit crazy AND seems to believe his own propaganda.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

And isnt afraid to act on it.

Comment

The sad thing is they all look like their half starved and if they did start a war in about 2 to 3 weeks they'd all be begging for food . It'd be the North Korean Welfare State .

Comment

He is not afraid to act, but are the others? Would they let the military go, or would there be a coup? Right now, they allow him to be a petulant little boy, because he makes sure they are fat and happy compared to the rest of the population. Surely they know the truth. Would they really allow this spoiled brat to act and destroy the country and themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
            He is not afraid to act, but are the others? Would they let the military go, or would there be a coup? Right now, they allow him to be a petulant little boy, because he makes sure they are fat and happy compared to the rest of the population. Surely they know the truth. Would they really allow this spoiled brat to act and destroy the country and themselves?
            It is a mistake to view North Korea through the lens of western society. They've had generations of indoctrination. Their concept of truth, what constitutes a spoiled brat, and in general right and wrong, is not our own.
            When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Originally posted by Cwi555 View Post
              It is a mistake to view North Korea through the lens of western society. They've had generations of indoctrination. Their concept of truth, what constitutes a spoiled brat, and in general right and wrong, is not our own.
              Very much agree. I don't think his generals are eye rolling and laughing behind his back. Just the smallest amt of research into the lifestyle and intense indoctrination of the people over there is mind blowing.
              Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Yep; bad things are setting up in that part of the world. But no one - least of all the countries that border NK - want him lobbing missiles willy-nilly that may/may not be accurately targeted or that well engineered. Yes, we're there, and I do think it's a good thing to show common cause for China & Russia's concerns - and support and protection for Japan and SKorea.

It's hard to predict direct/indirect impacts on the CONUS. Best case scenario, if conventional war begins there - it should be short lived and confined to that area... but that will still likely cause some disruptions to import supply-chains. We all know how to deal with that. With that much world military power surrounding it, it's less likely - but still possible - that NK could attempt some kind of nuke activity. None of us are privy to the military strategizing going on behind the scenes to know what plans exist to pre-empt that possibility... but my guess is that they DID think of it and DO have a plan to forcefully abort any attempts. Same with any cyber attacks.

I think one of the objectives in this current blockade of NK, is to force a separation between NK and Iran too. It could be that Iran owes a favor to NK - and their cyber capability is more advanced and dangerous, I would believe.

So, I'm not running around with my hair on fire over this situation. I keep a close eye on the news -- even I got fooled by the original reports of the Vinson carrier group being already on station and I usually read more critically than that. So - watch for any phrase like "sources say" or Anonymous sources - because this could be a) intentional disinformation or b) gossip/rumor. All the media agencies are running with any juicy tidbits they can get as if ratings season is all the time, now, and not really checking anything out or confirming information with other sources before putting it out there in front of everyone's eyeballs.

Comment

It's a good idea to remember what the actual range an aircraft carrier group considers it's envelop. When people think of them, they they typically think of the aircraft. The fighters, surveillance, etc are not the limit of such a group. Anything inside roughly 1,000 miles is. Between various missiles on submarines, ships, and aircraft, they don't need to be breathing down the necks of NK to be effective.
                  When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I agree about the indictrination, but surely there are those that know the truth and what would happen if they did start lobbing missles out? Those would be the ones counseling caution and patience to him, making it sound as thought they could take us, but there may be other reasons not to do so.

Comment

I agree about the indictrination, but surely there are those that know the truth and what would happen if they did start lobbing missles out? Those would be the ones counseling caution and patience to him, making it sound as thought they could take us, but there may be other reasons not to do so.
                      He has his culture, society, and indoctrination going for him. What appears insane to us is taken as a matter of fact and right by them. It's alien to the minds of the west, but normal to them. There were people around Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, Stalin, ad nauseam that could have saved untold millions of lives just by putting a bullet in those dictators heads, but they didn't.

Comment

Right, but some tried. The plot at the wolf's lair for example. As is said, "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" or whatever your version of the quote may be.

Comment

Right, but some tried. The plot at the wolf's lair for example. As is said, "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" or whatever your version of the quote may be.
                          In that we agree.

Comment

Well, this is a fine line - but absolutely clear.

China may not provide support to NK, in case of a strike only on nuclear facilities. However, US troops crossing the 38th parallel would likely involve Chinese support to the regime.

A Chinese state-run media outlet said that if North Korea continues nuclear and missile development…

Comment

so, will this tip the BSCD (bat hit crazy dictator) into a preemptive strike? For our mainland, I am not worried at all. For the friends I have in Korea, I am very concerned. One good friend suggested that they had about 12 minutes notice at best where she was stationed should NK do something and they got hammered.

Comment

Working...
                              X