X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should all appreciate the food we get

I saw this the other day and thought it bears a lesson for us all

Thanks for food.jpg

Having spent time in India, where people actually live and NOT tourist areas it humbled me how everyone helps everyone else and those who have give to those who haven't.
    Every day the pots of food were made and the remainder (the bulk) of the food was given to those on the streets and NEVER did ANYONE turn their nose up at the food being given

Amen brother.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Originally posted by survivedall View Post
      I saw this the other day and thought it bears a lesson for us all

Having spent time in India, where people actually live and NOT tourist areas it humbled me how everyone helps everyone else and those who have give to those who haven't.
      Every day the pots of food were made and the remainder (the bulk) of the food was given to those on the streets and NEVER did ANYONE turn their nose up at the food being given
      That thought extends to 3/4 of the world. It also touches on a point many miss. The majority of U.S. citizens never leave these borders.

131 million valid passports to date out of 311 million citizens is 42%. Of that, 20.7 million are naturalized foriegn born dropping that number to 36.5%

Then it gets subjective as it begins to touch on undocumented qualifiers. It's my observation through heavy travel, that the vast majority of those who do travel, never step foot outside the designated tourist paths. For that matter, most of them don't realize there is such a thing.

Tourism is big money. Countries tend to clean up those tourist tracks, route them around areas they'd rather foreigners not see, and generally put on the best face they can. They want happy tourist, not disturbed tourist.

So of that minority who ever travel at all, the ones getting off the beaten path are a minority themselves. Even when adding in those who were abroad via the military which by default usually puts them off the tourist track, they are still the minority.

I've seen what you describe and worse on four continents and a scattering of Island nations. It's not something that can be forgotten or unseen. Yet so many talk trash about this and that place, places they've never likely seen outside of Google and Wikipedia. Makes me sick hearing them complain about fairness, right and wrong, so forth. They only know what their talking heads of choice tell them. That is to say not a damn thing.
      Last edited by Cwi555; 04-17-2017, 05:16 PM.
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I'm always amazed with the SJW's who have grown up here and scream and gripe about unfairness and how difficult and wrong things are here at home. In asscrackistan part of what I did was go into some of the more remote villages with humanitarian assistance (Food/Clothing/Medical). I can remember seeing young kids that have never had a bath in their lives. You could literally see a cake layer of grime on their arms. They had snot ropes running down their faces onto their man-jams that would dry up and after time it looked like several snails had been going up and down their shirts. Getting the adults alone to entertain the idea of using soap alone was very nearly an impossibility. The child mortality rate was horrific but in their world just the way it goes. Disease, vermin infestation, privation, pain and suffering were the norm. It would make me have very mixed emotions and definite sadness to see these kids knowing that because of an intolerant religion this would be their lot in life and that of generation after generation to come.
        Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Working...
        X