Mars , well not moving there yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars , well not moving there yet

In 2015, Matt Damon reprised his role of “confused Boston actor” in the sci-fi film The Martian. The We Bought a Zoo star was able to survive for months on the Red Planet thanks to his ingenious decision to grow potatoes for food. Now, a NASA-backed project wants to see if Matt Damon’s potato scheme could actually…

This does say a lot about the survivability of Potato's . But what other veggie's can handle harsher changes , we need to do our homework .

Speaking of....anyone tried the tire stack method of potato growing?

Comment

Originally posted by redman2006 View Post
      Speaking of....anyone tried the tire stack method of potato growing?
      Potato towers you mean?

When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Yep. people here swear by using tires for it and building it up.

Comment

Actually, spinach comes to mind, it can spring up, be edible, and go to seed in a very short time. I used to have it in the garden in Wyoming. Dandelions come to mind, also fast from seed, to nutrition, to seed, and it's useful from flower to root. Higher protein is needed though, what's a cold & drought hardy, fast growing bean? I believe some lentils grow in Canada, but I don't know their needs.
          quam minimum credula postero

Comment

And squash, unless you take vine-borers with you, those suckers jus don't die til you uproot them, burn the remains, and freeze the ashes.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y25KQMiPUw reusable idea

Comment

Working...
              X