Night mares increasing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night mares increasing!

Don't know exactly what is happening but I have been having increased nightmares lately. I usually don't even remember any dreams but lately they have been shaking me to my core. I don't know if it is because of all the political crap at present or that the other day my grandson sent me a pics of him and his team. He's a Army Ranger scout over at some staging area.
    In fact I'm not even reading a a SHTF type book. I guess with all the other turmoil in the world I'm being too sensitive. Am I NUTS?. Anyone one else getting a really horrible feeling?

I had a bizarre sequence of nuclear war dreams in the weeks leading up to this current situation between us and Russia.

Perhaps do some interpreting-figure out if it feels like a close up and personal threat or if it feels 'broad and far reaching'.

That being said-just fyi-dream interpretation has personal and 'universal' symbolism-if I dream of a tornado, for instance, for me, it means a family fight is coming up. For others it might mean to be aware of weather. That is personal symbolism.

Universal symbolism gets into that whole Jungian collective unconscious stuff-we all perceive threats or change in a specific symbolic manner. A snake, for instance, is a universal symbol for healing and wisdom. Even on back to Moses when he had his staff of bronze snakes and the Israelites looked upon it to be healed of snakebites. (look it up, Numbers 21:9 it's there)

But in short, yeah, my dreams have been troubling and I have been feeling something changing in general. Lots of people I know feel the same.
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Sadly, I think those of us dreaming (nightmaring?) of nuclear war are the sane ones. The people brushing it off, on the other hand, are clearly insane, especially given that tensions are higher now than they have been since 1973, during the "73 Middle-east War":

In that era, though, both powers understood the dangers of a nuclear confrontation, and both realized the madness of the MAD deterrence philosophy.

I've been seeing too many references recently to "surviving" a nuclear war, or for a "limited nuclear exchange" to be comfortable. Sure, the number of nuclear warheads have been reduced, by the various SALT treaties, and START treaties, and such (some of which were never ratified!).

However, while these various treaties have dropped the number of nuclear warheads by a significant number, more than enough remain (about 1700 each) to wipe out both countries quite thoroughly, with enough left over to make a real mess of the rest of the world.

There's one school of though that says that the reduction in the number of warheads may have actually made nuclear war more likely. Both sides have concentrated on building more effective delivery mechanisms, thus requiring fewer warheads to accomplish their goals. Plus, both have produced smaller weapons which can be used tactically [1].

[1] Yes, I'm aware of things like the Davy Crockett, and the suitcase sized ADM, although I don't know that either of these were very practical for battlefield use, while a nuclear tipped Tomahawk certainly could be.

So, yeah, I think that everyone with even two brain cells to rub together ought to be worried, especially given the belligerent noises coming out of various countries/locations, and the thought that one side could survive a nuclear exchange.

But, about all we can do is to educate ourselves, and prepare as best we can to survive. Oh, yeah, and vote for the candidate least likely to cause us to blunder into such a conflict (You'll have to decide who that candidate is on your own, though.).

Dave

Comment

I wonder if in the dreams - you're wishing you had done something specific, or if you have some regrets about that? If so, then that's an important message to listen to.

Otherwise, it could be that your subconscious IS sensitized right now, about something personal or universal as Smom divides those... so you have to decide, is the fear generated in the dream intended you get your butt in gear, doing what you can to fill in the gaps in your preps... or simply being overwhelmed by the "bad news" stream... and is that personal stuff or bigger?

Comment

If the dream is new, it's probably subconscious fear derived from current events. If it's recurring, could be many things, if it was recurring then just stopped, time to pay attention. My .02 worth.
          When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

No dream of nuclear. Just a bad feeling that it woke up soaked, it was like AA books only ten times worse. As for nuclear many years ago I took a course that pinned me as a nuclear nurse. My hubby a nuclear pipe fitter. Nuclear is so iffy about survival with winds and type of radiation. But that was not in my dreams.

Comment

Thanks, I am not a person who listens to dreams. Feeling yes, that bad feeling while driving so I slow down and then a cop car is sitting on the side of the road. That type of feeling I pay attention to not dreams. I guess it's all the media.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

Comment

Well, you're not alone, I can tell you that much.

As much as I NEED and WANT to have a "day off"... my feeling is that I have to keep driving myself to get moved; asap. The drop-deadline is Nov 8th. The movers are scheduled for the 27-28, but I really don't think I'm going to make that. Not unless I find something to make me 20 years younger (and stronger). I'm trying every trick I know to get more done, faster. But I think I'm just going to have to take a whole day off. Somewhere in those 2 weeks.

Comment

Hmm, drop dead date of November 8th. How convenient!

Dave

Comment

Nightmares are definitely unsettling. When they are ongoing, it can really take a toll. Sorry that's happening to you.
                    It wouldn't surprise me if they are stress related. Our country is in a very tense position now, from many aspects both foreign and domestic.
                    I'm no dream expert, though I did stay at a Quality Inn once... does that count?
                    I can say with certainty that vivid, grotesque dreams do not equal full-on "NUTS". Very normal.
                    A few things I might suggest to get them to stop. If you are taking sleep aids, such as Ambien, or others, this would be a known side effect.

Also, try to dial back the daytime stress. It's like this: When we watch a horror movie, and have a nightmare someone is chasing us with a chainsaw.
                    Our subconscious processes all its input at night, so guard your incoming information. Some things are beyond our control. For example, you can't control or help what happens with your grandson. God bless and protect him.
                    Praying frequently may bring you peace of mind.

Comment

When I was younger and would remember my dreams better I'd pick them apart , most of the time I could recall things that must of stuck in my mind over the day and got incorporated into that dream . I don't know why our brains have to produce these weird movies but they do .

Comment

Thanks, no stress really. Have avoided debates, so it is not that. Weird really, I have never remembered a dream after I have woke up. I take that back two other times in my life I've had a dream and woke up feeling bad. Both times resulted in death of older family members. No this was a different type of dream, faces of people pale, sickly. Now I know about REM sleep the how's and whys. Don't watch horror movies, saw enough horror as a trauma/ICU nurse in the old murder capital of US. Now the guy with the axe in the back of his head has given me pause only because he walked up to me and said "I think I need to see a doctor." Turn his head around to show me the axe and blood running down the back of his shirt.
                        I was just curious if anyone else had a nightmares.

Comment

My husband said last week he has a really bad gut feeling and he hasn't been able to shake it.

Comment

Originally posted by qdrn View Post
                            Now the guy with the axe in the back of his head has given me pause only because he walked up to me and said "I think I need to see a doctor." Turn his head around to show me the axe and blood running down the back of his shirt.
                            I was just curious if anyone else had a nightmares.
                            Short answer is yes.
                            When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I dreamt that I was sitting next to Obama, and he was talking to me. [Shudder] True story.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                              X