Ghost Town Farm photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Town Farm photos

Here are just a few pictures of part of our growing this fall.
    Our Seminole pumpkin and Butternut squash patch. This does not do the size justice-it extends far beyond what you see in the pics.

butternut squash.jpg

seminole pumpkin patch.jpg
    Daughter of a Ghost Town.

A quick view of the Florida Cranberry 'bushes'. We have a couple more.

floridacranberry1.jpg

floridacranberry2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

A quick view of the Florida Cranberry 'bushes'. We have a couple more.

floridacranberry1.jpg

floridacranberry2.jpg

Comment

Keep in mind I severely cut back the pumpkin patch and it is on its last leg so it isn't all vibrant and green-here's the back end where it is still extending...there are also 2 mango trees, a fig and an ancient wild plum.
      spumpkin2.jpg

And here is part of our 'orchard' With our big guavas, carambola (there are pigeon peas surrounding it) figs, persimmon and 2 apple trees for our region. I also plan on using this area as another pumpkin patch this spring. Way in the back we have 4 huge mulberries, a growing loquat and moringas.

guava1.jpg

guava2.jpg

Comment

Also in the FL Cranbery pic-this pic does not do the size justice. It really is big and sprawling and simply LOADED with blossoms. Also, you can see the broadfork I use to hand till the earth. In the background is our big lemongrass. You can also see some of our 'California white' garlic that is up-next month I am putting in a much larger patch of 'Inchelium red' which is a softneck garlic and is rumored to do well, here.
        We have lots of other stuff coming up as well. Hope you enjoyed. Just wanted to show that a little at the time can do a LOT in the long run.

Comment

Very nice SM....I'd be lucky to be able to "grow" the fence.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

You have a LOT going on there. We grow on a much smaller scale than you do, but, we grow our pumpkins and squash vertically on cow panel arches to save on space.

And no Kick, we don't grow them upside down!!!!

20150802_131826_001-1.jpg
            NICHEVO

Comment

Oh I love the arch! I really want to do that-but we have to get a cattle panel and ye olde truck died last month so we can't haul it.

Comment

I've just added a guava and kiwi to my collection. I would like to get kumquat and cranberry or mulberry going. Your squash path looks like it produces a bundle! I tried growing hubbard squash last season, but they came out only the size of softballs. To be remedied next time. Happy growing!

Comment

Cattle panels are great. We use them for butter beans and cucumbers. Never thought about squash. We will try that next year.

Comment

Had a friend that use panels for cucumbers to , train the vines up and you can pick from both sides .

Comment

that's how you get a pretty big yield from a pretty small area-grow vertical as much as you can!

Comment

AWESOME pics SM. We only had a couple months to grow here at the new place. A friend of mine gave us some tomato, cucumber, bean and red tater plants. Got an ok harvest fir the time they were in the ground. Our cherry tomato plants just got fairly full of nice green beauties and a frost came early and despite my efforts to cover them, killed them off.

Next year should be good though. The garden plot is roughly 30' x 40'. We have an apple tree I acquired as well. I'll try and start a thread next spring with pics of our hopefully rapidly growing farm.
                        Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

In addition to the squash and pumpkin, we also grow melons on the cow panel arches. I make slings out of plastic hardware cloth and tie them to the panel to support the weight.
                          NICHEVO

Comment

Or, you can use something else to supppot the melons.....
                            NICHEVO

Comment

I dropped the ball on my garden this year, got everything planted like I planned but for some reason this year I had very little interest in tending to it like I have always enjoyed doing at the end of a long work day. So needless to say, we didn't well this season, need to work on not going in so many directions next year.

RD
                              Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Working...
                              X