It's coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's coming

We all know it is coming but the economic signs are showing. Since the beginning of this year the gold market has had a gradual increase. China is also in a economic crisis and our debt to them is vast. They could with little trouble topple US economy.
    The social unrest is off the charts. The other day I was walking in the grocery store and the truck went by as I walked in the truck backfired a couple times. I didn't' flinch but I looked around and saw people covering themselves. They thought it was gun firer at the grocery store. I saw the terror on people's faces holding on to their grocery carts. With all the social unrest people are scared.
    I don't know if I am ready but It's the the little things that I'm trying to gather. We have two big aspects of our prep that one is almost completed. Putting out $8000. for a LP generator is a lot of cake.
    The one aspect I am hoping to obtained is knowledge OPSEC.
    Learning OPSEC is important and maybe even barter can be agreed upon. The problem is not possible human contact but tooo many deer trails. Yes well worn trail from the reserves around us. How do you secure deer trails?

qdrn - Wondering the same thing on the deer trails - I suppose trip flares are a little too obvious ??
    Last edited by Jstwaiting; 09-24-2016, 10:22 PM. Reason: PC

Comment

Game cameras with WiFi !
      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Be a little careful about joking around regarding trail cameras and claymores:

The United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) issued a public service announcement this week warning Kentucky residents to

He's dead. He'd agreed to show the cops where he had placed some of the bombed cameras, and then tried to escape while he was out in the field.

Dave

Comment

You could plant a bunch of these trees:

Or, you could plant some of these trees:

But, you had really better ask yourself if you wouldn't be better off with some nice barbed wire. :-/

Dave

Comment

Deer are habitual creatures, they will also take the path of least resistance preferring to be edge creatures. They will feed at the interface of openings and cover patches which leave them quick escape into the brush.

Trying to camouflage the tracks won't work as they will just trample their habitual paths again. With some work and no small amount of feed/patience, you can get them to change habit/paths by playing their propensity to take the path of least resistance. That is not always a sure thing either.

Humans have a tendency to take the least resistance path as well. You can use that to control the paths of approach. Make them particularly easy to walk and the humans will more than likely take that path. The same applies in reverse to making a given path particularly difficult to walk.

A bit of cartography is needed here as well. You need to know where they all are. Once SHTF and you need to start worrying about two legged predators, more forceful means of dissuation can be deployed.

A few thoughts
            When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Good news. Deer and people funnel down deer trails. Limits the area to watch. Makes observation and hunting easier.

Rattle can trip wires, cameras and so on can be used for security. Don't scare off your food source.

Comment

Thank you all ! Trip flares would be good to keep out two legged visitors but don't want to scare food source. Trip wire sounds good but signal is so iffy at the distance. Had a company come out and see about security system. Due to distance wireless is out of question. Field cams show a excellent deer population. Our feeding station is active in fall winter and change food in spring because of fawns. Five trails and one trail right beside our home heading to water trough. After SHTF I guess we will have to watch four of the trails. We have deer stands all ready so it will be easy to watch. Pasture area different. After mare was attacked by Panther extra wire strung and solar electric fence put up. Stopped the hunting foot prints seen in pasture too. On a regular basis security is a challenge. Thanks to all that answered me gave me some good ideas!
                Last edited by Jstwaiting; 09-24-2016, 10:24 PM. Reason: PC

Comment

I would advise folks to rethink mention of class III destructive devices, and particularly the anti personnel variants.
                  If you want attention, that will get it, but I don't think you're going to like it when it comes.
                  When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Agreed, CWI. Playing with those things will get your more attention from various federal TLAs (Three Letter Agencies) than you could possibly want. Even discussing how to build them will get you undesirable attention.

Plus, if you're anything like most of us, you'd forget where you put them and then trip one yourself. That definitely wouldn't enhance your survival possibilities in a SHTF scenario! So, don't do it.

Dave

Comment

Heck, nowadays, a kid playing with dry ice and a Gatorade bottle goes to jail.

Comment

For an example of how bad it can get:

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X