22 pistol or a slingshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 pistol or a slingshot

Assuming you already are carrying a personal defense weapon, which would you chose and why? Suppressors aren't factored in, since I don't have one.

Slingshot:
    Never run out of ammo
    Quiet
    Requires more skill and practice

22 pistol:
    More accurate?
    Louder
    Less skill and practice
    Doubles as a back up pdw, in a pinch
    Limited ammo
    Quicker follow up shots

Anyone?

Pistol. No matter how I practice, I can't hit a thing with a slingshot......other than the incidental car window..
    Last edited by redman2006; 05-17-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Ditto on the pistol. A .22 may not have lots of stopping power but if your more likely to hit your target than with a sligshot, then some is better than none. I couldn't see myself hitting small game with a slingshot when hitting the ground with one is already questionable.

Comment

pistol hands down ! If I had to rely on the slingshot for food I'd starve!!!
        People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
        ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Pistol...with a 22 pistol, you can get bigger/better weaponry . Just ask Uncle Max. (Extra credit to the first person to come up with the reference).
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

I have, practice with, and can hit with, both. The slingshot is strictly a tree-rats/small stuff kind of thing. The .22 has better range, accuracy, and velocity - even as a pistol.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

pistol - for me as well and Kickstand you are referring to Uncle Max from Calvin and Hobbs I believe!
              According to my watch the time is now
              Past is dead and gone
              Don't try to shake it just nod your head
              Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Nope....Henry's Uncle Max.
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

IMHO - there is no discussion here. IF you want an accurate silent fur killer - get a crossbow.
                  If your back is to wall - I want a firearm - if it is only a 22 with a 10 shot clip - so be it. I am really good at clip changing.

Comment

I was leaning towards the pistol, also. So far, I have not seen anything to change my mind. I would just carry the one mag for it, and an assortment of ammo for it.
                    Thanks for the input, so far.
                    Epp

Comment

Pistol any day. I can't hit squat with my wrist rocket sling shot. When I was a kid I would hunt bull frogs with one. But it's been a long time
                      Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Ok, I'll be a bit more specific. ..Henry Bowman's Uncle Max.
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Honestly, both. Because the slingshot, as well as most .22 handguns, are compact and light weight enough that carrying both shouldn't be an issue. Like Morgan, I do not go along with the less is more way of thinking.

Comment

I came across this recently. http://survivalslingshot.com/product-3/

SS001-smaller-size.jpg

Comment

FYI: Marbles makes a container for holding.22 ammo, it will hold 50 LR or 30 Magnum or .17's, you guessed it; it's called "Catch 22" it has a sliding top so you can dispense 5 rounds at a time and clips to a belt or bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X