Hello from Central Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Central Illinois

Hello from rural central Illinois. I grew up around the Pekin, IL area. I joined the Navy in 1980 and stayed in until 86, then it wasn't fun anymore. I joined the US Coast Guard the next day and spent 20 more years serving. Loved every minute of it! When I retired we moved back to the area. We live in a small subdivision surrounded on all 4 sides by corn and wheat fields. I carry an EDC/GHB in my vehicle at all times and a BOB when I travel more than a day away from home. I have a permit and I am always armed with a Concealed weapon, sometimes 2 depending where work takes me on a given day.
    I am new to Prepping, I always knew it needed to be done but never took the initiative to get started. About 6 months ago I read Going Home. Then had to order the rest of the series to catch up. After reading Book 1, I decided it was time to get off my ass and start thinking about getting ready for the future.
    Semper Paratus - Always Ready!
    Honor, Respect, Devotion to Duty

Welcome from SE WI.

Comment

Welcome from FL.
      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Ya know, it's almost no fun when you answer all my questions before I get the chance to ask em.
        Welcome from Southern New Mexico, and thanks for your years of dedicated service. Look around and join the conversations , or start a new one .
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome Coastie from SE WV. My husband is a retired master chief from the Coast Guard with 21 years in. It is never to late to get started prepping.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, and please tell the Master Chief "Semper Paratus" for me!

Comment

Hey Coastie, pretty land-locked now, do you have enough water near the house for fishing?
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome Coastie, welcome from Western North Carolina. You're going to like it here, some really good folks congregated here

Comment

Coastie were you ever on the Northwind?

Comment

Welcome from Ks.

RD
                    Sometimes I wrestle with my demons, other times we just snuggle.

Comment

Welcome from MO!
                      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Never on the Northwind.
                        USS San Diego AFS-6 in the Navy 80-82
                        CGC Obion WLR-65503 in St. Louis 92-95
                        CGC Escanaba WMEC-907 in Boston 99-2000, I made DCChief and left after a year.
                        CGC Boutwell WHEC-719 in Alameda 2000-02, I made CWO in June 02 and transferred to Sector Houston.

Comment

Coastie this is from mu husband: CHiPS, Semper Paratas. Doc Carr 1970-current. ( Hello from him)

Comment

Welcome to the board Coastie, thank you for your service. I have an uncle that retired from the Coast Guard, you guys do awesome work.
                            I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                            X