Hi, from Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, from Down Under

G,day, from Gods Country, Sunny Australia.

I joined up here cos I am a HUGE fan of the going home series. Just downloaded number 7 and decided to reread from the beginning. Funny thing is, I picked up a few things I missed last time.

As a hunter down here, it is not uncommon for me to spend a few days out bush alone chasing pigs, goats and deer, with an assorted mix of rabbits, cats wild dogs and foxes. So I tend to rely on what I can carry in and live out of for that time. I have since picked up a few extra bits along the way, the Grilliput being my latest. cant believe I missed that one. I tend to sleep in a swag most times, but don't mind swingin in a Hennessy every now and then. I have all my gear stowed into a large Alice pack, more then enough room for all my bits.

anyways, I look forward to readin thru these pages to see what you all have and what you all do.

Hobes.

Welcome to our corner of the internet Hobes. We've got a few Australian members who pop in from time to time . I usually try to ask a few pesky questions of our new members , but I think that you've already answered em all.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Be sure to tell all about the snakes, spiders, snakes, lizards, snakes, crocs, and oh yeah, the endless snakes! (Was there for a few, I think people here believe I exaggerate the snake situation - to be fair, the spiders are a bit of a nightmare also!)
      Last edited by W.Lynn; 04-26-2016, 10:40 PM. Reason: Love the drop-bears though.
      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

can always tell someone from OS

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
          Be sure to tell all about the snakes, spiders, snakes, lizards, snakes, crocs, and oh yeah, the endless snakes! (Was there for a few, I think people here believe I exaggerate the snake situation - to be fair, the spiders are a bit of a nightmare also!)
          we aussies don't really care about the snakes, or the spiders, or the drop bears, or the hoop snakes, or the Tassie devils, or the crocs, box jelly fish, stone fish, blue ring octopus, white pointer sharks, bull sharks, killer bees , killer wasps, dingoes, it's the bloody tourist drivers who scare the shyte out of us the most, specially the ones from the states. hahahahaha...

oh yeah and Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

If you need more of those drivers, let us know. We have plenty. I think they multiply like wild rabbits.

Comment

Welcome Hobes.

Comment

We don't much care for them here either, we keep encouraging them to travel in hopes they'll find a place to stay ...far, far away.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                X