X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilliput

FYI

Field supply has the grilliput on sale for $32

Fyi, North Star Tactical has them at a regular price of $25.

http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Dang Field supply be... ripping us off ^ $$$

Comment

prolly-- I got mine in the jungle for about the same price.

Comment

hey guys, I am wondering why the grilliput has an "infamous" reputation? I have one, thanks to re-reading book one, and so far I cant fault it. it is a bit heavy ill admit, but the versatility of having such a grill outways that.

your thoughts, please.

Comment

I love mine. Have not used it much, but keep it in my bob. I don't mind the extra weight. It weighs about the same asmy Msr stove and fuel bottle. With the grilliput I don't worry about running out of fuel. That makes the extra weight worth it.
            http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

I like it. But I have to admit, Mel ran mine over. Jag, I need a new one.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

I grabbed one from jag last time he was in Greenville. Haven't tried it beyond setting it up and breaking it down again. Maybe this weekend.

Comment

AA, I will have more in on Friday. I sold out this weekend. Will send you one when they get in.

Comment

Ok. Stupid question. I have had a little folder grill for years. What is better or different about these other than the way it breaks down. Mine takes up very little space since it is flat.

Mine is like this one

Comment

that's a cool one for sure, cheap as too. Thanks

Comment

When packed up the grilliput could be used as a weapon.

Comment

most definitely.

Comment

I scored my Grilliput for $8 Canadian last week while on the west coast (British Columbia). It went through security in my carry on bag with nary a second glance. They did, however, dig out the ear rings I picked up for my wife and examine them closely for some strange reason. There were no instructions but it was easy to figure out. How do you guys find the little grill wires hold up under heat? I notice that the legs are fairly short so i'm assuming it'll sit pretty close to the coals when cooking.
                            Last edited by Riverside Rhodes; 07-20-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Haven't used mine yet, but have done enough camping to be perfectly happy slapping meat & roots right on the coals, waiting a bit, & flip. (Cuts down on stick-whittling, aggravates boy scouts, scares the piss out of properly civilized persons. So much fun!)

However - I do like my bacon, eggs, and coffee. While the coffee can be done cowboy style (or just coat the roasted beans with chocolate and I'll eat them,) the bacon and eggs need more care. The grilliput gives you that small buffer zone between the coals and the pan to make good bacon and eggs possible. If I buy a smaller wok, I could probably set it up with just a couple rods at each end, and let the wok sit the open space, even mound up the coals under it a bit for a cooking technique I've had some success with in ren faire campgrounds. I had wished for more stability at the time too.

Guess I need to assemble it and see how well it holds the big one.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                              X