What did you do this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do this weekend?

I bedded down 25 lbs of fresh flour and sugar into sealed bags with O2 absorbers. While it is late start got my carrots, rosemary, and radish starters planted.

I am (still) going through my folks house, garage and pole barn getting ready for auction in June. Here are a couple of today's finds.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Took another big bite out of spring cleaning
      Organizing
      Inventorying - figure out in which areas supplies are still short
      Switch to summer bedding
      LOTS of laundry
      Online shopping

More of the same today, with a little target practice later while the lamb is cooking.

Happy Easter!
      Kelly

Comment

Rebuilding deck, cleaning house and making repairs so we can get it on the market this spring

Comment

Trying to decide what the next phase of my life is going to look like -- in the broadest terms possible, so there's room to be flexible in case I start changing my mind or direction.

Comment

Picked up another load of used books, read a little, wrote a little, research, spoke with some friends overseas, other than that, some quiet contemplation interspersed with some family time.
            When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Put the tractor that has been scattered across my garage for months back together. Then ran it for a couple hours to see if it was going to hold together. It did. Then I carved a wolf with the chain saw.
              Today got up and peeled potato's and put a 17 pound ham in the roaster then went to church. Came home helped the wife cook played with the grandbaby . Ate did dishes ate some more sat on the front porch with my dad and drank a beer or 2 (IT was sunny and 70 degrees here today) missed the same ground hog 3 times on the hill across from my front porch ( gun wind or beer not sure ) Went in ate again and did dishes again. Just a pretty nice Easter weekend. TK

Comment

Originally posted by tk View Post
                missed the same ground hog 3 times on the hill across from my front porch ( gun wind or beer not sure ) TK
                Hmmmm we can fix this.... just come to a shooting class I do sometime. LOL Leave the beer till the evening hahaha

Comment

The calf story was moved over here -

So as not to completely derail this thread.

Tex
                  = 2
                  sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

I built a cage for Mel's squirrel. That is all.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                      I built a cage for Mel's squirrel. That is all.
                      Let me guess . ..out of old bras, right?
                      Defund the Media !!

Comment

My wife has an idea for a hanging day bed for the patio so we went on a mini road trip to pick up the bed. Picked up some hay. Once we were back from that we cleaned out the coop and moved the now fully feather chicks out to an enclosure there. I added some roosts to make room for all the new birds. Started chipping up the brush I have scattered all over the property. Cleaned horse stalls. Dog training. Looked at my rifle and wondered when I was going to get to the range.

Comment

Played with the grandkids and ate chocolate!!!
                          People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                          ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Grabbed a few things from my storage unit, visited w/ friends at my old favorite bar, spent time w/ mom, brother, SIL & niece, went to church, gave my older daughter some cooking advice, had Easter dinner w/ my Aunt's family. Wonder of Wonders, my younger daughter drove 2 hrs to have dinner w/ us! Praise the Lord.

Comment

I cooked a lot, ate too much, laughed at my son for sending his wife to the store with his dad. They shouldn't be shopping unsupervised, but now she can join in the jokes about going to the store with dad.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                              X