Amaranth is like Quinoa in that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaranth is like Quinoa in that

the seeds have all the ammino acids and protein you need . I heard you can pop it like popcorn to . I grew it in Oklahoma and if it can stand Ok heat it will be grow anywhere lol .

Cultivated as a grain for 8,000 years, today, Amaranth is gaining popularity as a crop of the future. It's a very adaptable, drought-tolerant, and hardy plan...

I have been doing a lot of amaranth research lately. It is supposed to have high yields and the leaves are edible as well. I am pretty sure I will be trying some this summer.

Comment

LL it is a weed and when those seeds drop it might spread so capture the seeds as soon as there ready . The seeds shake out or better yet take seed head and rub between your hands over something nice size . I believe the husks can be blown way kind of like winnowing . I still have some heads stored but think this year I'll get some new seeds to try here in Michigan , I want to try the popcorn thing , then over breakfast cereal or maybe oatmeal . Something I just thought of it might made a good plant for a Gorilla Garden that you could leave and go back later to harvest .

Originally posted by doublel View Post
      I have been doing a lot of amaranth research lately. It is supposed to have high yields and the leaves are edible as well. I am pretty sure I will be trying some this summer.

Comment

Working...
      X