SHOT Show 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHOT Show 2016

Thought I'd make a post on the SHOT Show. I spent three days there, having to leave a day early because of weather. In those three days I walked nearly fifty miles around the convention center. The thing is enormous! And I probably only saw about 20 percent of it. Everything you could imagine was there in the firearms industry. Plus knives of every variety. There were also things like Garrett metal detectors and other prospecting suppliers.

I got to meet some really cool people. I met Marcus Lattrel and Taya Kyle. Both really nice people. I talked with Taya for a bit and thanked her for standing up for us at the town hall, staged as it was. Marcus is a really nice too. But everyone wanted to talk to him. He was hard to catch up with but I got him at a party. I also ran into James Yeager. He's one of those guys you either love or hate I guess. A lot of people don't care for him.

I got to spend some time with Ron Bellam, Reaper One. He's a really nice guy as well. Chimo from our forum here was there with Axelson Tactical. They unveiled another tribute rifle Danny Dietz. His mom was there and was a sweetheart. Walking through the hall one day I ran into Instructor Zero. He's funny as hell because you can barely understand him! Plus he's like four foot nothing!

I was able to talk to Jeff Randal with ESEE. Nice guy. I've been trying to contact them forever so it was good to connect with them. Also ran into Tim Ralston of the Crovel fame. He and Alan are going to collaborate on an etool that should be pretty damn cool.

One of the highlights of the trip though was meeting Gunny. Alan Kay was manning the True-Spec booth and Gunny came by to take some pics with him as they both rep the brand. Gunny is a great guy and will talk with you, not just lip service, but real conversation. I gave him a copy of Going Home.

On the subject of Alan, for you Florida folks, he'll be down here next week. If anyone wants to do a meet and greet let me know. I may try and set something up on Facebook as well.

So in the end the show was great and I'm really glad I went. If you ever get the chance to go I highly recommend it. But if you do, stay in the Venetian. Getting in and out is a real pain in the ass!
    I'm drunk tonith.

I have been wanting to go for years. Maybe next year. I saw some pictured like the one with funny in facebook. Make sure to get them all uploaded.
    http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

It was great to meet you and get so much time to talk. It was also funny as he'll to watch Alan get cornered at the party for an inpromtu interview. We will be releasing the info on the charity event up here in Ohio I told you about, hopefully you both can make it.

I need to reach out to Alan about some of the things we discussed for my daughter.

This was my first SHOT, and I didn't get much chance to leave the booth. Looking forward to next year so I can explore a little more.

Comment

Shot and the NRA meetings are high on my list. I was invited to both this year but didn't have the time off due to new job. Next year NRA meetings are in Atlanta so i am definatly going especially with it being local. I might give in and go to shot next year too. Maybe it a double whammy.

Comment

Working...
        X