Hello from West Virginia, new to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from West Virginia, new to site

Hi Everyone; My name is Mickey Carr. I am originally from Ohio, but have relocated to lower West Virginia. My husband and I have been prepping for about 2 years and after reading the first book, "Going Home", I stepped up my prepping. I retired in January, and found a place in lower West Virginia that makes a good place to stand my ground if SHTF. I have informed specific friends & family about coming down in the event it happens. I love the series. When I received each book, I read it until I was done, which meant reading all night. I started with the Kindle version and then bought the paperbacks, so that I can read them again and have them for reference books. My favorite characters are Sarge & Mike. They make me laugh throughout the series, but they make some sense too. I would hope to have a friend and neighbor like Morgan. In my new location I have started a hobby farm ( chickens & pigs) to go along with our large garden. So we will be better prepared for the future. Now just need to figure out alternative power source. I hope book 7 will be coming out soon and it would be cool to see these books in a movie as long as they stick with the books and not abbreviate or change the characters and content of the books.
    Thanks, Mickey

Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of like minded folks here. Jump right in!

Comment

Welcome from Florida from a former Scioto county Buckeye!
      Kessler
      I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
      INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Welcome from Tn
        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Greetings from South Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from PA.

Comment

Welcome to the board. You have joined up with a good group of folks here and if you have any questions about things on the homestead, just ask. There is alot of different experience represented here and everyone is very concerned with helping others. We have a good Farm/Ranch & Homestead section with all sorts of good discussions. I look forward to visiting with you.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from MO!
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from south central New Mexico. I normally ask a few questions, but I think that you already answered them all. Look around and join the conversation.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome Mickey, you're going to love it here. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Even if some (no names) are a little bit different. Seriously, there is a wealth of information here. Enjoy going through all the different threads and then jump in anywhere. Sounds like you've got a nice setup there. Isn't it a kick raising chickens. They are crazy little critters but I love it! Just got to keep the raccoons & fox from getting to them.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I look forward to learning more from everyone, especially about chickens. I hope to be able to find the farm/ranch, homestead section to learn more. I come from a 40 yr medical background so I hope that will help me in the future if the SHTF ever happens. What I have learned about starting my little hobby farm I have learned from magazines, books, & a Mother Earth News fair in PA last September. That is where I learned about my KuneKune pigs that I have. My chickens are in a small coop now but there is new barn on order for them, so they will be in the chickmahal when it is done. Being in West Virginia everything is on a hill so leveling things is fun. And since we sit on the top of a mountain it is a little worse. Sorry I have a tendency of running off with the mouth. Thanks

Comment

Welcome from S Dakota.

Comment

Welcome sounds like you got a very nice start to self sustainment.
                          2TNA = 2nd to none Arms, Albany, Oregon
                          Where a big 2 and a big A matter...

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

IronWarriors3/354 why are you heading to Oregon? I hope I have a nice start for self sustainment. I keep wanting to add more but my husband tries to slow me down especially when he has to foot the bill. My husband wants to add more animals, but he just wants them for pets. If they can't serve a purpose like food or self-defense then I don't need anymore pets. I already have 5 dogs and 10 cats which is enough for pets. Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

Here is the beginning of my self sustainment:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X