Political Correctness is about control, not etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Correctness is about control, not etiquette

Political Correctness is best understood as propaganda. But unlike propaganda, which is particular campaign or effort, PC is all-encompassing. It seeks to mold

To begin, we need to understand that political correctness is not about being nice. It’s not simply a social issue, or a subset of the culture wars.

It’s not about politeness, or inclusiveness, or good manners. It’s not about being respectful toward your fellow humans, and it’s not about being sensitive or caring or avoiding hurt feelings and unpleasant slurs.

But you’ve heard this argument, I’m sure. PC is about simple respect and inclusiveness, they tell us. As though we need progressives, the cultural enforcers, to help us understand that we shouldn’t call someone retarded, or use the “N” word, make hurtful comments about someone’s appearance, or tolerate bullies.

If PC truly was about kindness and respect, it wouldn’t need to be imposed on us. After all, we already have a mechanism for the social cohesion PC is said to represent: it’s called manners. And we already have specific individuals charged with insuring that good manners are instilled and upheld: they’re called parents.
    Excellent read.

Kelly

Interesting read and kinda goes hand in hand with with what i posted earlier.

2TNA = 2nd to none Arms, Albany, Oregon
    Where a big 2 and a big A matter...

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I would struggle to find words that didn't closely mirror what has been said while still remaining true to what I know from experience.

They are most definitely harsh words, but also true to point. Every race is guilty of racism, slavery, violence, etc. What is put forth as a caucasian only fault, is nothing more than an attempt at control. PC chains if you will.

Unfortunately, people have been conditioned to accept PC as just. Now it is used against people as a weapon of oppression after acceptance of it in society as a whole. History is revised by the people pushing PC so that it reflects their view points, with anyone proposing a different view shouted down and ostracized for daring to do so.

People have grown soul weary of being told they are at fault for the evils of their ancestors, and that of the world. My history makes me ambivalent to the subject. However, my mind can only see a binary solution set. Either one and all accept such concepts as put forth by the PC crowd, or deny them. Either ends in more evil loose upon the world as the extremes of both side jump in for the kill when the Victor smells blood.

It's not if anymore, it's when. History I'd rift with examples of it.
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I love the way Deist frames the issue as propaganda in a long-term war and
        that full-compliance is neither the actual point or the end-goal of the "enemy".

Jeanine Garofalo was an early self-appointed enforcer of this word twisting bullshit.
        On a Marc Marin podcast interview she describes how her career never recovered from
        the backlash against her efforts.
        Liberty is “Stolen” by your own signature. Find the adhesion contracts and deal with them.

Comment

Working...
        X