Greetings from Oklahoma!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Oklahoma!

Greetings from Oklahoma! I've been a fan of the Going Home series, and just yesterday heard about this forum in a podcast I listen to (radio free redoubt). Retired from the Air Force back in December (worked in Munitions), now I'm a teacher for the local school district. Any other Okies around here?

Scott

Welcome From PA Scotty. I do believe there are other Okies round here somewhere.

Comment

Welcome. I lived in Oklahoma for several years and quite a few of my people are spread all over the state. There are even a few teachers in the bunch. My older brother recently retired from Tinker.

Have a look around and see what you think.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from TN
        When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Welcome and thank you for your service. Feel free to sit and stay a while.

Comment

Hi Scotty, and welcome from southern New Mexico. Thank you for your service. I'm glad that you enjoy the Going Home series, I know that we do. We've got a pretty diverse group here, but all good folks. Many of us tend to have an odd sense of humor, so make sure to take that into account when dealing with us.
            I don't suppose that the local school district will let you teach munitions to their precious little minions?
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from South Carolina. You got to play with things that go BANG!!! and got paid to do it. You are a very fortunate person.

Comment

Welcome from Florida !
                People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Welcome from Cali. Thanks for your service.
                  2TNA = 2nd to none Arms, Albany, Oregon
                  Where a big 2 and a big A matter...

"They that can give up liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Welcome, good to have you here. Teach those kids well! (I'll begin substitute teaching myself soon.)
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by Boston_Joe View Post
                      Welcome from South Carolina. You got to play with things that go BANG!!! and got paid to do it. You are a very fortunate person.
                      Yes I did! Ah I wish I could post the videos, but they'll have to forever stay on my computer. Good times though, I got to mutter the phrase, "hey ya'll, watch this", and get PAID to say it

- - - Updated - - -

Well the prinicpal who hired me knows I was a munitions troop for 21 years, so I assume she understands that the occasional story or adventure will slip out!

Comment

Where abouts in Okieville are you located? I'm just east of OKC about 14 miles. Retired Air Force with a flag that says 29 years, seemed longer than that. Welcome to the lunny bin. Feel free to jump in as mentioned earlier, lots of knowledge and some BS but all good.
                        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

I'm south side OKC, about a mile away from Moore. Got to watch that big EF5 roll through Moore a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                          X