New From North Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New From North Texas

Got pointed here from another forum. Looks like just what I'm attempting. I'll just sit back and absorb some knowledge. May-be can help in some ways. Just trying to get started with Freeze Drying with the Harvest Rite. Figure I can break even on a 18 month storage for two adults. Looking for recipes now. So Glad to be here and I'm located in the DFW Metro area.

Bill

Greetings from South Carolina.

Can you start up a thread and provide a rundown of the unit you got and how well it works? I'd love to find out more about these rigs. I had always thought they were too cost prohibitive for home use and never explored having one for myself.

Comment

Welcome from south central New Mexico. We have several Texans, but still have room for one or two more. I second the idea of a product review .
      Have you read the "Going Home" series ?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from NC!
        http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Hey; 'nother Tarheel here. C'mon in... we're an informal bunch.

Comment

Hey Bill (Great name, by the way!) I just looked at the Harvest Right website. Yikes! I'm jealous. I'd love to have one, but starting at $3600 is a bit hard to justify for me. Would you mind sharing how many folks you're planning on keeping fed?
            I don't want to get too personal, and if you're uncomfortable talking about it with "strangers", I certainly understand and there will be no hard feelings.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from Missouri!
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from PA

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
                  People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                  ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Hello, and welcome. I was out trying to get a deer, but no more hunting for me unless I get home before the season ends.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Howdy Bill. I'm just East of you in Texas. I'd love to hear about your experiences with the Harvest Rite. We looked at it but the price is a bit high for us as well.

Nich
                      NICHEVO

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                        Hey Bill (Great name, by the way!) I just looked at the Harvest Right website. Yikes! I'm jealous. I'd love to have one, but starting at $3600 is a bit hard to justify for me. Would you mind sharing how many folks you're planning on keeping fed?
                        I don't want to get too personal, and if you're uncomfortable talking about it with "strangers", I certainly understand and there will be no hard feelings.
                        Got a Mother-in-Law, 4 grandkids and Son-In-Law and daughter, and oh yeah--- She Who Must be Obeyed. Hey, we're all friends here, aren't we?

Actually just a year ago when I started looking, they were over 4000 with shipping. I got a great sale plus free shipping.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by kickstand View Post
                          Welcome from south central New Mexico. We have several Texans, but still have room for one or two more. I second the idea of a product review .
                          Have you read the "Going Home" series ?
                          Last one I read was Surviving Home

Comment

There's more ...
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Surviving Home is only #2 in the series...he recently released EnforcingHome, which is #6.
                              It sounds like you will make good use of that freezedrier.
                              Please feel free to stop by our handloading section and share any suggestions that you may have. I'm interested in swaging rifle bullets, but have never pursued it.
                              Last edited by kickstand; 11-21-2015, 09:58 PM.
                              Defund the Media !!

Comment

Working...
                              X