Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bull

My friend I have been working with lately who is a union brick layer by trade but also a small time farmer ( About a 100 acres ) ask me last week if I could come over and help him load a bull on the trailer to take to the sale. Seems him and his boy tried the week before and this bull went threw two gates and made it back in the pasture so they gave up. He has been farming for about 15 years and runs about 18 head of cows he keeps for breeding and sales off all his calves every year. His son is about 25 but never been around cattle much and my bud seems to be a little skittish around them as well .
    This bull is (was) a huge black angus ( he weighed in at 1780 lbs) and he has had him a couple years and he was just to big and getting a little mean. I went over on Monday and we got him in the barn and into the bull pen with out to much trouble . He has everything bred so a little chop did the trick . Sale day is Wednesday so I told my bud to not feed him after Monday and no water after Tuesday.

Wednesday morning I went over to load him . He doesn't have a loading shute so I had him back the trailer in diagonal keeping one side tight to the wall. Then I took a metal gate and chained it to the trailer and put it tight to his stull . Then I backed a skid steer up against the gate.
    The bull was getting nervous and swinging his head a bit and my bud was getting nervous as well. In fact he had a gun and a knife there just incase he tried to escape again he was just going to shoot him and stick him.

I took a bucket of chop and a bucket of water and put it in the front of the trailer. My bud had a shock stick and his boy had a pitchfork. I told them to just go outside and wait so they did.
    I opened the bull pen gate stepped back about 10 feet and sat down on the feed box and never said a word. The bull stepped out looked at me blowed some snot shook his head and walked right up on trailer to eat. I walked over and slid the trailer door shut and it was all over but the grinding.

The point of this story is that you are not going to make a 1780lb bull do anything he don't want to. Yelling and hitting him is only going to make him resist. Our govt has been very vocal on a lot of issues from guns to immigration and taxes. We are the 1780 lb bull. When our politicians get quit on any issue all I see are red flags. Don't be fooled by the feed bucket people . The wiser part of the PTB have a plan and a goal. If we are not careful we will be hamburger just like the big black bull. TK

You're right on point TK.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Your analogy is right on target. Thanks.
      Dode

Comment

That story was simply full of bull.............................
        Kessler
        I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
        INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Working...
        X