Needle and Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle and Thread!

Got to practice sewing today. I know this is a small victory, but it is still a victory none-the-less.

I wanted a protective "sleeve" for my radios for when they are dropped in my backpack along with other gear. Got out one of my old rashguards (a stretchy shirt you wear when doing jujitsu) Used it to make these.

The stretchy nature of the fabric was a challenge, but it was what I wanted for the final product. Thought I would share:

radiosock.jpg
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

That looks like a good job myakka! And a good idea too. I think I'm already ready to upgrade my little baofeng.

Comment

The whip antenna is the first improvement I would recommend. It really improves the range. The larger battery I just got. So I don't know how much better it will be. The standard one seemed to last really well for me.
      "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

The little sleeves could keep debris out of many things, just size them to be a good cover for whatever.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
        X