Prepper Net every Tuesday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepper Net every Tuesday.

So I just learned of this tonight, and tried to participate, but had no one within range.

I will repost the page I found:

This is NOT a preparedness meeting, but a preparedness Ham Radio Net that meets weekly on Tuesday nights at the below frequency.

Prepper Net Every Tuesday night at 8:30PM CST on 151.8200 Mzh Some folks have come together and chosen a frequency or channel that all preppers can use. They assume that you probably have a Baofeng or Wouxun type radio, or other radio capable of transmitting in the MURS band. We picked this frequency because you do not need a license. You do not need to be a ham radio operator. Just program 151.820 into your radio and label it as PREP. It is our intention to have as many members of our community as possible to use this frequency. Every Tuesday night at 9:30pm est just monitor that channel. At some point, after we get enough people, you may begin to actually have contacts on that channel. Perhaps you are going to travel and you may find preppers on that channel. Time Zones:

4:30PM HST
    5:30PM AKST
    6:30PM PST
    7:30PM MST
    8:30PM CST
    9:30PM EST

I was hoping to stir the pot and get more folks involved.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Glad to see it , and I like the idea. My only concern is that MURS use has some requirements , and as I read it, the Baofeng and Woxoun radios don't quite qualify as legal transmitters on those freqs. I have no issue with the use , I just don't want the fcc to hammer down.
    Defund the Media !!

Comment

Where did you find it, I'd like to dig into it a little more. Those frequencies are worthless if you're not really close, so a Ham frequency (HF) or a repeater with the ability to connect remotely would be the most useful. Most of the HF nets I have seen people try to set up, or done for the convenience of the people, rather than the time that the frequencies are most likely to be in working order. At least that's what I've seen so far.

Comment

There is a group out of West Palm Beach that has had it posted for a while. I decided to try to reach them tonight, no luck. http://www.meetup.com/Southfloridapr...nts/225246860/

I like that it is on MURS because you don't have to be a HAM, so call signs aren't needed. The only knock I have on HAM is that the ARRL insists on putting my address and stuff online connected to my call sign.
        "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Yes, but you can change address and use a PO Box, bit of a hassle.

Comment

I joke with a buddy in North Fla that I will use his call sign LOL

Comment

Working...
            X