Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Texas

Howdy y'all!

I live in western side of the Panhandle, I picked up the 1st book "Going Home" in a store thinking it would be a good read. I was greatly mistaken, it was great and a huge eye opener to be more self reliant and what would you do when crap hits the fan, cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

Looking for information on the items Morgan had in his pack led me to here. I do not know much on prepping and survival, I do practice shooting a lot and go hunting and camping quite often but it has always been in an area that has access to electricity/water. So you may be hearing me ask some dumb questions to something that would be simple to know. Just have some patience with me!

Hope I get to know y'all some more.

BD

Welcome from Austin. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. You will find most everyone here very helpful, jump in.

Comment

Welcome from Tn.
      When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

Hiya from NC.

We all had to start somewhere -- and we're all still learning.

Comment

Welcome from south central New Mexico. As others said, don't hesitate to ask questions. Look around and feel free to jump into any conversation.

Even though I've read through the entire series, I got bored with other books and started over. I'm in the middle of Book 2, Surviving Home.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Ask all the dumb questions you want. We've got plenty of dumb people to give you some dumb answers.

Seriously though, we have a good group of folks who all do their best to help each with their prepping and skill building. Nobody is born into this world knowing it all, so don't hesitate to ask questions. That is why we are here. There's lots of good information on this board, so be sure and look around and see if you can find some different subjects you are interested in.

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from Florida !
              People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
              ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Hello, west Texas was my stompin' grounds after I got married (long time ago) - Big Spring, Lubbock, Andrews, Midland, Odessa. Best tamales & burritos in the world, right there around the Permian Basin. There is one taco guy from Lamesa in Round Rock though, he's trying to teach city people to eat better.

Good luck in your quest for knowledge, and be sure to come around for some laughs too.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from okeehoma. Best group of people here and they are willing to help.
                  If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Welcome from Western PA.

Comment

Welcome from WY. Glad you found your way here. Lots to learn.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Comment

Welcome from NC! Like the rest have said, take a look around and ask as many questions a s you need. When you first start prepper it all seems daunting, but just take small bites out of it and it seems much easier to grasp.
                          http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Welcome from Missouri!
                            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from the PNW. A great group of people here, jump right in.

Comment

Working...
                              X