Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy from South Dakota

Hello Everyone.

I'm a regular over on Survivalist Boards and found you through a thread about the new TV show "Alone" on the History Channel.

I'm originally from SD but left for 25 years to live in Texas - I was pretty much running away from snow & cold weather. I returned in 2011 to take care of my dying mom. She passed away in 2012 and I decided to stay.

I'm living in a log cabin in the middle of the Black Hills about halfway between Hill City & Deadwood. I drive 50 miles round trip to work everyday.

I've had this username for about 20 years and was a rider for 10 years before that, but I actually sold my Harley off about 2 years ago when I moved into this cabin. It's on a dirt road, off a gravel road and the bike just didn't seem practical any more. It got traded for a 4wd ATV with a snow plow that has saved my backside more times then I can count.

Mark

Hey Mark,
    I just joined this forum myself today. I'm finding all kinds of info on here. People seem pretty cool. Sorry to hear about your mom. The cabin your in sounds pretty nice! That part of the Dakotas has some beautiful land. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from PA. AA's tv show is piling in the new people . If you haven't already read his books their great. There is not a better group of people here and a whole lot to read on just about every thing in life. TK

Comment

Hey, I think I remember you. Glad you found us!

Comment

Welcome from Northeast WY.

Comment

Welcome from Southern New Mexico . Pull up a cold one and look around. Feel free to ask if you have any questions .
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome aboard!
              "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Welcome to the board, Mark. I am straight west of you about 90mi.

Tex
                = 2
                sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from the mid-west!
                    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome to the board Mark, glad to have you. Sad to hear about your mom but her passing brought you home. Feel free to jump in anywhere, we're pretty easy around here.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome from Wyoming.

Kelly

Comment

Welcome from CO

Comment

Hello, I wasn't far from you for part of on vacation, but came home last week.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thanks for the all of the welcomes. Hope to learn a lot here......I've heard good things about this forum and the people here.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X