Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchers Plan

Watchers Plan
    He had been watching it come and worrying over it . The Captain had told him to inventory all the supplies in the National Guards compound and to order what ever they needed , when he was done there was more than they need . When the trucks came in a he got them ready to unload . The Captain called him into his office , LT those on high are getting worried we may be called out if the riots get worse . I'm being called up to state headquarters for a conference . You'll take over and get things ready for a call up if it comes , I should be back tomorrow or the next day if all goes well . Yes Sir I'll get the call up papers in the works and get the Sgt to ready the armory . If this unrest over the world economy and saber rattling don't stop ,shaking his head not wanting to think about it . Carry on LT we'll know more soon. LT wasn't so sure but had a bad feeling for the last week and wonder what if this snowballed to fast. He was thinking ahead and went to talk to the Sgt his friend and hunting buddy. As he entered the Armory he called out you back there Chuck , hey Watcher you come to help lol . He'd call him Watcher for years because he could find deer first everytime when they were hunting .
    Chuck the Captain is off to Command for a few days and we're holding down the Fort . Look I got a bad feeling about the world and country we need a plan B if the SHTF to fast . I'm with you on that most of the troupes are not happy about leaving families if called up on this . God what if this place gets picked clean because we can't cover it. LT set at the desk thinking while he helped Chuck do some equipment checks . The radio alert came on later and news was heating up , a knot formed in his stomach
    Last edited by airdrop; 06-06-2015, 09:43 PM.

About at the end of the day they were still in the Armory and the phone started ringing LT and Sgt looked at each other . LT reached for the phone and said hello . The Captain said it looks like the balloon has gone up boys , I'm stuck in a riot an it's bad ( gun shots ) . LT do what it takes to get everyone but if you can't secure what you can and lay low ( more gun fire) . The phone crackled as he heard the Captain moan . He looked at the phone then at Chuck , we're in for it buddy.
    He thought for a second ,see if you can get anyone on the phone to come in . He got up and walked around looking at everything . Chuck said this isn't good no one is answering the phones what do you think ? Ok well have to assume we're on our own , I've been thinking we can't let all this hardware get snapped up . You remember that cave we found up on the National Forest hunt 2 years ago . Sure , can't believe we stumbled onto that one . Ok all that ammo is still loaded on the trucks with the MRES .Lets run it up there and store it away , as for the weapons we'll pull half the of bolts and take the half the weapons with us then pull all the parts in storage so they can't be used . Lets get what field equipment we'll need to stay up there for as long as we can .
    They got a weapons load out for themselves with boxes of mags for the rifles and pistols they would take . LT went out to his car an got his M1A and BOB ,his baby had to make this run to he thought. As he walked back in he thought, better take everything now they may needed it later .
    Things formed up faster then they thought and as they cranked up the big trucks they seen a high flash of light, oh great , LT pumped he's arm an lead the way. As they pulled out he seen a couple of cars rolling to a stop and he knew that meant an EMP . He knew the trucks were ok and it looked like they were ahead of the curve so far also they each pulled a fuel trailer for the trucks as well .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by airdrop; 06-06-2015, 03:29 PM.

Comment

As they drove out his thoughts were mixed but they had to keep this hardware out of the hands of bad people . Looking around he watched as cars rolled to a stop , they had talked an it was no stopping . Then he thought maybe a stop at the Kroger's would be a good idea ,MRES get old after awhile lol. He got on the radio, hey we may have to try to get some supplies unless your heart is set on those MRES . Chuck said man I was hoping you'd bring this up , you seen the Blast to?
      Yip we just got hammered , I'm glad we got the show on the road when we did because people will start showing up at the Armory before long . Another mile an the Kroger store came into view , surprising it was kind of empty . He radioed chuck as they rolled to a stop , I'll run in you handle the truck security , got it boss .
      LT grabbed his BOB an pulled out his get out of town money and headed in. The lights were out and the employees were milling about, one ask if he knew what was going on. LT said to the manager ,please walk with me , look have you been in the military. Yes , Marines and this is looking bad isn't it , yip pretty bad. Seen a EMP go off that's why no lights , dam the manager said. Look I've got a mission to get done an it might take longer then we thought ,we're looking to outfit with some store bought goods is that a can do and if someone has an old car out there I'd get everyone home soon. The manager nodded I think I'll just let them packup what they can before the SHTF around here LT smiled you got it Sir .
      The manager looked at him ,grab what you need son and good luck as he walked back to his employees .

Comment

Two of the employees came over an said to LT Phil asked us to help you if you need it . He smiled an said that would be great . Off the top of his head to said what he might need and anything you can think of would be ok , we'll be out in the field camping out for awhile . Sure no problem an off they went pushing their carts . The radio cracked, LT a heads up a few folks walking down the road an looks like there heading here ,no guns visible, thanks Chuck just move them along . They all meet up at the store front and he got everyone heading for the trucks . The manager was getting his people fixed up and ready to go. The people on the road were watching but not coming to close. As the manager finished up LT pulled him over , you got a weapon Phil . No I gave them up but today I'm feeling a might naked right . He took out the M9 and a spare mag , don't worry got a few more lol . Phil snapped him a salute , Gunny at your service anytime. LT stuck out his hand an said you've done a lot already Gunny . As everyone was leaving Phil left the doors open so the doors weren't destroyed he new what was coming.

Comment

As Watcher got back to the truck he pulled out one of the spare M9's and Mag then went over to Chuck . Brother I hope people can survive what's coming ,I hear that , that guy phil was my kind of guy ,yip mine to. They talked for a few minutes , Watcher says Chunk I think down the road this stuff will have to be available for good people to over come the bad that will spring up. We have to be very careful and watch over the cave . We've got to from time to time go out see what's going on in the country and help from afar patting his M1A , we can't get tangled up in stuff to much, then we leave this stuff open for it being grabbed . Good plan Watcher ,chuck grins . What, Watcher says . You've been think on this for awhile ? Well I've read enough PAW fiction to see a path we can take ,he smiles . Ok then, are we ready to go Boss daylight is burning and we have 60 miles to go. They broke heading for the trucks , Watcher looked back at the store and a fight was breaking out , so it begins he thought .

Comment

3 months after their bug out they decided to go for a walk about and see how the world was surviving . They had guarded the cave well and no one had stumbled into their area . They had hide the trucks farther into the woods and were still ok . They had stopped at a sport shop to pick up a couple of bows for quiet deer hunting to augment their food so their much loved MRES were still handy for the trip .
            After packing up their packs and checking their weapons the two started out into the unknown world . They both wondered what was waiting .
            Finally they got to the state road that was close to the forest and set up an overlook for a couple of hours . Some foot traffic and a few horses went by then a group walked into view that rang an alarm bell . A line of people roped together an being herded by some real jerks with whips. Watcher looked at chuck and he whispered man has it gone down the hole this quick , at that a scream pierced the air . They set there eyes back on the road and watched as a woman was dragged to the side of the road ,she was limping badly and screamed I'll keep up and be a good slave . The guard was drawing his pistol when a shot rang out and he dropped like a rock with a hole in his head , Chuck thought here we go . Watchers M1A kicked the 7.62 round out and Chuck moved to the right to engage the rest of the guards . The people dropped leaving the 5 guards open and looking all around . Then a hail of bullets broke the air and the guards were down , Watcher spoke up ,you people cut those ropes grab their guns and beat feet out of here , good luck, then all was quiet . The people were stunned then woman that limped yelled out thanks and god bless you . Then they started to cut ropes and grab the slavers stuff . As they watched the people making their way down the road the 2 solders took a deep breath .
            Man , chuck says, this will stir up things laughing quietly. Watcher says we need to move on , don't care to stay in one spot to long I'm thinking.
            As the people made their way out of the area they couldn't believe what just happened . Maybe life was looking up , as they met people they told them how they were saved by some man in the woods an how he had killed all 5 slavers . Life was so hard but being a slave was harder .

Comment

Suddenly Watcher jerked up out of his dream not sure where he was . Then he looked over to see his wife laying there next to him. He hadn't thought of the fall and Chuck in a few years . Maybe it was the news he was hearing from the edge of the county about a possible force probing the western edge of their territory . He needed to talk to the rangers very soon , then he thought of the cave .

Comment

As he sent out word he thought with a chuckle how am I going to tell these guys I've been a little secretive . He had a talk with his wife and told her the whole story ,she came over an gave him a big hug an said I'm so glad we meet ,I'm the luckiest woman alive . Well that went well he thought . The Rangers will be here soon hope they feel the same way hun lol.
                Two days later the men started showing up , with warm greetings and some catching up they head for the back of the house where Watcher had chairs set up . After awhile he stood up men I think you have all heard the accounts of some bad activate to west of the county . They all said yes and some said it's worrying if it's as bad as we think because we're unprepared for the group size from what we are hearing . He took a deep breath well as to that what if we had ----- more than you think ,he looked around . They all set up what do you mean Captain one asked . Well in a past life I was a Lieutenant in the Army Guard and as things were falling apart I got orders to clean house and secure the Armory so it wasn't misused . They all were setting on the edge of their sets , he took another breath so this is the list of things we have on hand , handing out a paper to each . He gave them a min. to review all the items then said do you feel we have a chance to meet this threat . One of the men that had been in the military stood up gave him a salute , Cap thank god you followed your orders Sir.
                The other stood saying were with you Cap , so what do we do now . He laughed then looked at each man an said I think the sooner we get outfitted the better. There are trucks out there and I hope we can get them up and running , Jerry the army Sgt said I have a solar charger . Watcher said good he had dumped the acid out into glass jars and the diesel was treated by the military so it might still be good . Men I'd say we meet at this location handing each a piece of paper , with enough supplies for a week . They all shook hands an turned to leave , oh by the way he said you'll need to put together a list of men that will be willing to join us because this may take a big response . I think if each of you can bring 4 or 5 to the party we'll be able to outfit them all . They all replied with a yes Sir

Comment

I'll try to get more up soon it's been awhile since I worked on this one

Comment

Working...
                  X