Checking in from north Idaho...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in from north Idaho...

I got hooked on "Going Home", and I am on the 5th book now. Just stumbled onto this sight during one of my searches. Going Home is a great series and I hope it or an off shoot continues into the future. I grew up in a family that spent most of our free time hunting, fishing, gathering and hanging out in the woods. Fish, game and the garden supply about 70% of what we eat. My parents and grand parents were products of the real depression and learned the value of a full pantry, and passed it on. One way or another I have spent most of my life in the outdoors. I retired after 30 years in the Forest Service in 97. Ya, I am a geezer but in good health and active. I still run the hills pretty much as I always have. Hoping to learn a few tricks on this site.

Welcome, we like it here, it's a good place to share whatever nonsense we've been up to lately.

I have a grandkid that tries to be invisible. Going to start teaching him some of the stuff I didn't even teach his mom & uncle.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from NC... approaching geezerhood myself, or at least it feels like it most days.

Comment

Welcome BD

Comment

Welcome from Pa.
          Enjoy the site ,lots of good stuff here .

DD
          OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Welcome....

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome aboard
                If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Welcome from Southern New Mexico. We've got a really great crew here. We all love busting each other's chops, but I don't think that you can find a better group of people anywhere .
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

welcome from the rockies

Comment

Hey Blueduck, welcome to the board, glad to have you here. There will be more coming, working on it now. I look forward to you sharing some of that knowledge you have.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome from the Gateway to the West! Glad you found your way here. (I found my way here the same way awhile back!)
                        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from PA

Comment

Welcome from northeast Wyoming. You stumbled onto a pretty good group of folks. Tell us more about life out in Idaho. I've got a couple friends out that way who have been trying to talk me into coming out to run hounds. Rumor has it, the mountains out there are pretty much straight up and down though.

Tex
                            = 2
                            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Let me add my Welcome, too!

Don't be shy...you'll soon figure out that none of this bunch are...

Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              X