Cannon safes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannon safes

Specifically the Cannon series CA33. I have an acquaintance who owns a gun shop and has quoted me $ 1275 plus tax on one of these safes. This one has the EMP (keypad and combination lock) and is rated 1 hr at 1200. It seems pretty beefy, but Tractor supply has the same size safe for 999, but rated at 30 mins and only has the electronic keypad. The odd thing about the two is that they are the same size, but the Cannon CA33 weights 200 lbs more than the Tractor Supply version. The EMP lock is almost enough to make me upgrade to the CA33, but what do the masses here say? There's too much information out there on the internet with a lot of he said, she said. I'm starting to wander in circles and getting confused? Does the CA33 sound like a decent deal for this safe or should I cheap out?

Eb

Fire protection is added to the inside and is usually layers of drywall(really)

I am not a fan of electronic locks. I would always own a S&G(Sergent and Greenleaf) which I used in the "black hole" very EMP proof!!!

I have Liberty Safe. I think Cabelas safes are made by Liberty Safe.

Watch some of their videos
    Liberty Safe proudly builds the most trusted gun safes in America! Liberty's focus on rugged durability, next-generation safe technology, and American-made dependability gives your firearms and valuables the highest security and fire protection. With a Liberty gun safe, you're Always Protected.

Gun Safe Security Test - Liberty Safe's Head to Head Pry Test featured on Guns & Gear TVSpecial thanks to Guns & Gear TV. Learn more about our safes and safe...

http://www.LibertySafe.comLiberty Safe takes on the competition in this head to head pry test. The average burglary lasts less than 7 minutes... how long wil...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And to top it off they blew it up
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by AD; 03-30-2015, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I have a Liberty - dial combination lock. No problems after four years.

Comment

Sometimes you can feel a major difference. One may be meant to be bolted to a stud in the wall, and have almost nothing but a single sheet of steel back there. You might also see that some have lock-rods top and bottom of the door, others may only have them only on the side that swings shut.

It's all there to see before you buy.
        Last edited by W.Lynn; 03-30-2015, 06:34 PM. Reason: Not sure what the right name of those lock rods is, some are thicker than my wrist.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Thanks for the info, folks.

Comment

While I am very late to this party, this post actually caused me to register.

First I STRONGLY recommend Liberty Vs. Cannon. I have several friends that are professional locksmiths, and if you have an issue with your Cannon there support has been less then helpful to regain access. Their support basically said your on your own, your safe is over a year old. (out of warrenty) Regaining access to a damaged safe can cost hundreds of dollars.

Second, if your really worried about EMP, stay away from electronics all together.

Comment

Liberty Safe did a test a while back. Wish I could find it now. What they tested was the electronic locks on safes. What they determined was all the electronic locks survived an EMP. We have to remember, EMP is cumulative. The more antenna you have the more load you collect. The circuits inside a safe are very small, short, and therefore collect very little load from an EMP. As to the weight of the safes, 200 lbs more is way better. Think about it, why are you buying a safe in the first place? To protect your investment right? Why not have one that is inherently heavier? Not to mention the fire rating. In my opinion a safe is another one of those things where you get what you pay for.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Maybe it's just me being old...I just don't trust a purely electronic keypad for something so important. I've had a Winchester safe for about 15 years now with a manual S&G combination lock, and have never had a moments trouble with it (other than when I get too busy to mess with toys for a while and forget the combination).
                Defund the Media !!

Comment

I have a Winchester as well, but in the size I needed, all they offered was electronic. Now, it is easy and fast to get in the thing, but I am always nervous about it failing. Sure beats what I did not have before. I used to have a locker by stackon just to keep my girlfriend's kids out. What it really did was keep the guns in one nice package for the thieves. Sorry bastards. Again, everyone make sure your insurance actually covers what you think it covers. Mine did not.

Comment

You refer to this:
                    Need help using your mechanical or electronic safe lock? From changing your combination to changing your battery here are video tutorials to help you in operating your home or gun safe lock for both SecuRam and S&G locks.

MIL-STD 461F, Method RS105 was the method used.

EMI is not EMP much less E1, E2, E3, E3 heave components. The cumulative aspect you speak of revolves around the E3 variants.

That said, liberty took it further than any but the high end custom manufacturers. What they did warrants the 'resistance' claim, especially given no others ever attempted to qualify their equipment.

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                    Liberty Safe did a test a while back. Wish I could find it now. What they tested was the electronic locks on safes. What they determined was all the electronic locks survived an EMP. We have to remember, EMP is cumulative. The more antenna you have the more load you collect. The circuits inside a safe are very small, short, and therefore collect very little load from an EMP. As to the weight of the safes, 200 lbs more is way better. Think about it, why are you buying a safe in the first place? To protect your investment right? Why not have one that is inherently heavier? Not to mention the fire rating. In my opinion a safe is another one of those things where you get what you pay for.
                    When the present determines the future, but the approximate present does not approximately determine the future: Edward Lorenz

Comment

I have a Liberty with electronic lock that has been in the back of my mind to contact Liberty about this subject. It is older than 2014. Thanks for the reminder!
                      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Drake Safe Co in Roxboro NC. IF I had the money, I'd own one of his. Best built, tightest locking safe I've ever seen

Comment

If money was not an object it would probably be a Graffunder. The average size one is about 20k. I definitely need to upgrade sizes/quality though.

Comment

Working...
                          X