Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a favorite pair of Boots that you have worn out the soles on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a favorite pair of Boots that you have worn out the soles on?

Hope Im ok posting this here... but I figured this could help folks out if you have a favorite pair of Boots that just need new Soles.

So I got this pair of hikers that I completely love. Uppers are in perfect condition nothing wrong with them at all but I wore the soles out in 2 seasons of hiking and hunting. Especially training with a heavy pack and pounding the pavement. Well I was about to drop the hammer on some new Boots but then I remembered seeing some guys talking about resoling somewhere on a forum. So I set out to try and find a quality resole Company.
    After many hours of reading reviews and searching the web I found a backpacking website who said they Sent their boots to Dave Page Cobbler http://www.davepagecobbler.com/ a Mountain Boot expert and cobbler out of Seattle. I found Dave's website and reached out to him. Told him the boots I have and he said not a problem fee for new Resole with Vibram Soles is 75$ plus 10$ to ship them back to me. Week later and I have my boots back. Fantastic work and tremendous Soles that he put on here.

Figured Id share this with other folks since we are all backpackers who can gain a fond attachment to a set of boots that are just perfect. Dave specializes in resoling and restoring all types of alpine footwear, from modern molded/cemented boots to those classics with which you've shared many adventures. We stock soles, midsoles and hardware for VASQUE, MERRELL, ASOLO, RAICHLE, FABIANO, SCARPA, ONE SPORT, MONTRAIL, LaSPORTIVA, GARMONT, ALICO, SALOMON, TECNICA and most other boots sold (or ever sold) in North America.

Here are my Boots after I got them back from Dave a week after I sent them to him.

You don't even have to be a hiker, some of us are just hard to fit. Might be hard to find a comfortable fit due to length, width, arch, etc. I have a custom-made pair of low boots, if I need them done I'd send them to the same folks. Other things, local boot & saddle makers would get our business. Sadly, the RP tends to ruin his uppers.

Come rough times, he's going to be stuck in moccasins pdq.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
      You don't even have to be a hiker, some of us are just hard to fit. Might be hard to find a comfortable fit due to length, width, arch, etc. I have a custom-made pair of low boots, if I need them done I'd send them to the same folks. Other things, local boot & saddle makers would get our business. Sadly, the RP tends to ruin his uppers.

Come rough times, he's going to be stuck in moccasins pdq.
      Very True! and Valid points. For me Im hard on my footwear have a wide foot bad flat feet so a good pair of boots is hard to find. These Scarpa's are my favorites =-)

Comment

Hmmm.... thanks! I might have to see if there's any sense sending him my 20 yr old rockies, that have a special more flexible grippy sole for rock crawling.

Comment

Working...
        X