Near Kennedy Space Center,Fl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near Kennedy Space Center,Fl

Love the series! People just dont understand how hot and humid it gets here in Florida. Both my wife(married for 35 years) and myself are vets. Since here in Florida hurricanes we have always been ready to "camp at home". Our kids were taught to have 30 days min to have on hand in case on bad storms. My other family members got the message after the 5 hurricanes in 2004(they all stayed with us and learned!). Now they are ready and understand. Have had solar for years and durring the 2004 storms I could not make ice fast enough in 2-liter bottles(drinking water), I was trading for gas and just about everything. I did pass out water to the neighbors, they were invested in protecting their only source of ice and water and gave eyes. I loaned a couple of my radios to them and it was well worth it!

Welcome, I hope you have some of the same neighbors still, sounds like they might have learned a bit, or at least learned to be helpful.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome KSCMAC, I just moved out of the Space Coast in September.

Comment

Welcome to the board, I know exactly what you're talking about with the hurricanes.
        I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome, we also went through those hurricanes. Glad I was as obsessed with preparedness then as I am now
          Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Welcome, KSC.
            You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Welcome KSC!
              Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
              Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from PA. Don't know nothing about hurricanes . But I could help you out with some ice right the minute .

Comment

Welcome from south central New Mexico. We don't have too many hurricanes to deal with, but have been in drought conditions for over the past decade.
                  Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from me too. AA is my favorite author. I too love his series. Join in with us. Don't be shy.
                    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska

Sounds like you're well ahead of the game w/ your past hurricane experience. Aces on the barter system w/ the neighbors!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Always good to have more Florida peeps.
                        Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Welcome from a northernly neighbor.

Comment

I'm ignorance. How big of a solar outfit did you need to make ice?

Comment

Not much, I'd refer you to the 12v Icemakers I'm going to be getting in.

Comment

Working...
                              X