Hooked on Home New Guy Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooked on Home New Guy Colorado

Figured Id throw up a propper new guy introduction and say hello. Found this website when I started Reading the first book. Completely hooked and almost finished the first book in 3 days. Got a chapter left. Love the life and being prepared. For years now have been training and gathering the gear and stuff for these types of senarios. So this was right up my Alley. Im 44 years old backpacker from Colorado. I live right on the edge of the greatest woods in America in Colorado. Excited to get to know all of you folks here and maybe pick up a friend or many. Thanks for having me. I plan to read every book from A. A. Love his writing and how it completely sucks you into the story.

That is me and some friends hiking the Great Divide 2 years ago.

Welcome sir.

Comment

Welcom to the board, SHTF. We have several members from Wyoming and Colorado here on the board. I'm not too far away from you in Wy and we have a kid in Denver. There are also some members into backpacking and one is into "extreme" backpacking. Pretty much everyone here is into prepping, self reliance and skills building in some way or another and we all enjoy sharing ideas and information. And unlike alot of boards of this type, most of the people on our board have got together with other members at some point.

Go ahead and make yourself at home and join into the conversations.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome SHCO from a neighbor to your south in southern New Mexico. Look around and enjoy yourself.
        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Beautiful country . I hope to go out and look around at it some day.

Comment

Howdy. It's a great series for sure. I'm new here, too, but I like it!

Comment

Welcome from SE Wyo. A lot of good people here, with a lot of great knowledge!

Comment

Glad to have you. Jump on in. Cool photos.
                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome from Western NE

Comment

Welcome from the Show-Me sate.
                    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from the Pikes Peak area of the state

Comment

Welcome from western Pa.
                        There is so much stuff to see at this board ...

some of it is good too.

DD
                        OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Everyone thanks for the welcome. Just finished the first book. I havent read a complete book in over 20 years I bet. I couldnt put that one down. Took me 2 days to read it through. Now Im looking to pick up Surviving Home. The story is awesome, characters are people Id hang out with myself. I love the gear descriptions. Appreciate everyone's hospitality here. Looking forward to more.

Comment

Glad you're enjoying them, there's several more waiting for you!
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                              Glad you're enjoying them, there's several more waiting for you!
                              It's a great feeling when you come in late to the party on a series like this and realize you have lots of goodness ahead that you don't even have to wait on!

Comment

Working...
                              X