What if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if?

Question to make you think? You have your SHtf plans in order,or working on them. Either bug-out or bug-in, what do you do if none of tyour plans will work at the present time? Say you get to your bugout place and all your stuff is gone or looted or someone burned to the ground? What then? Does anyone have back up plans? For me I been thinking of going mobile,what if EMP takes my truck out,what then. If I stay in place the rv is not real secure,may have to hit it on foot,kinda like morgan did,any ideas?
    Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Put on the bright red lipstick and kiss your ass goodbye.
    If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

For us here in this family, we carry a get home bag for each of us. It depends on the season on what we carry but it is always with us. I have different items to do different tasks than the wife has with her. If we are seperated for a trip I pack the bag for that trip then when back home it gets repacked for the normal use if needed. Normally we do not venture more than 400 miles away but if shtf it will take some time to get home. I try to pack just what we need to make it back home, which is our bug in location, so we can move at a good clip to get back here. I am prepared to move at night if needed. nuff said there. George ,you are in a different problem as you are always on the move and typically a long way from home so I would have several locations, IE friends, that you can hole up with if needed. As I have said before, mark my location and you are welcome to come here.
      If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

There is plethora of great articles on graywolfs site that discusses this very subject. They are very interesting and informative reads, discuss?

If most people prepare to ensure their survival, then wouldn’t it make sense that you take precautions with things which can immediately impact you first? Then prepare for other possibilities?

"Plan for the worst and hope for the best." This kind of thinking can be dangerous if you don't think things through properly. You need to have some balance and some logical thinking in your planning.

There's always been a lot of debate on whether you should stay in (or go to) a city if society collapses. Some say there's safety in numbers and the city is best. Some say heading for the hills is the best option. Here's what I think.

I think preparing well in general is a great idea, but a common mistake as seen on TV is getting caught up in one scenario or plan. You have to be flexible.

Like Rock, AA and I planned accordingly for our road trip to Houston, including a communication plan. We packed accordingly, but then, we were going to a self reliance expo, what could go wrong. When the lights went out at the Mesquite show, without missing a beat, 90% of the people there turned on their flashlights, and continued as if nothing happened.

Comment

George,
          If SHTF, and you're in our neck of the desert, you're welcome here brother.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Same here George! But bring your guns and ammo!
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Promise to bring the dog, and I'd send primary and secondary lat/long. You should probably mark up a map with locations, maybe coded somehow, or all marks exactly a certain distance to east or west of actual locations.
              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

WLynn, THE dog is always with me,as long as we both kicking. or when a bunny comes along.
                Sometimes I question my sanity but the unicorn and gummy bears told me I am fine

Comment

Well, we're probably pretty well off staying where we are. If we had to head to the mainland, the next stop is 90 minutes away, in the swamp. We can be loaded & on the road in about 1/2 hr. - including towing a secondary vehicle. If that spot is no-go... headed back across the Va line for the nearest mountains and will work our way back south into the smokies. An alternate is to go north or northwest into southern West By-God.

Comment

Coordinates sent, with applicable warnings - except the one about being being overfed at both locations!
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Your welcome here George should you be east of Ebolaville when the country starts to implode.
                      We look forward to seeing you again next time you are trucking by.

Comment

I've got 2 or 3 places in mind if I HAD to go. 1 doesn't prep & doesn't know I would be coming, but when I showed up w/ supplies & ability, I would not be turned away. It would be the safest of the 3 & closest.

George, you're welcome here as well. I could use the help w/ security.

Comment

I have a couple prepper friends in a few different states that I have built trust with over the years. So if my family has to evac, we would likely be able to go there. But that would be after we exhausted the several alternatives I have worked on.
                          "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

Comment

Working...
                          X