New Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy

I found the forum from a link on the Going Home series books. After two weeks of non-stop reading of the first four of them I am now in the "are you done yet" (with #5) crowd. I loved the books and if the next one is going to be awhile, I may have to start re-reading.

Born and raised in Texas, as a nomad I moved to Colorado, then Arizona and now retired in Missouri. I served six years in the Texas Army National Guard, 3 years with the Denver Police Department and then 4 years with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office (AZ) as one of Sheriff Joe's posse "minions". Since retirement I have been developing websites for small businesses and for myself. I started one of the first (and largest) concealed carry forums before selling it a couple of years ago.

While my wife and I hesitate to call ourselves preppers, we have been working for the last year or so to get ourselves ready for whatever happens with our currently misguided country. Despite being a Boy Scout, I still have a lot to learn to really be prepared.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Welcome to the asylum. Have a look around, pitch in here and there. We love our military, and when we complain about law enforcement, it's probably for the same reasons you do.
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome bump. Current MCSO Posse member

Comment

Welcome Bump from a native Missourian. Glad you found your way here.
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hey Bump, it sounds like you'll fit right in here. Welcome from southern New Mexico. There's some pretty good people and info here, and the usual trolls don't last long here.
          Good to have you aboard,
          K
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Then be a grey-man. Don't mention the word, don't even think of those terms. You're just buying some extra "LIFE INSURANCE" that will help you live instead of paying for your funeral.

Welcome to the house of paste and windows.

You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
            Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Welcome Bumper, Ozarks is a nice area

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                Welcome to the asylum. Have a look around, pitch in here and there. We love our military, and when we complain about law enforcement, it's probably for the same reasons you do.
                I am a strong supporter of law enforcement but don't get me started on federal law enforcement, "no knock" warrants and the militarization of law enforcement. That crap needs to stop.

Originally posted by AD View Post
                Welcome bump. Current MCSO Posse member
                Cool! Which posse are you in? I was QAP in Fountain Hillls. It's the biggest thing I miss since moving here. That and winters. And our kids. And dry summers. And, a few other things, lol. Wondering whether I know ya....
                Bumper

Comment

Welcome to the board Bump, glad to have you. Thank you for your service too. I'm working on #5, hope to have it out by the end of the year.
                  I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

^^^Its true…most of us like dogs more than people. Anyhow welcome, hope you find useful info here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumper View Post
                      Cool! Which posse are you in? I was QAP in Fountain Hillls. It's the biggest thing I miss since moving here. That and winters. And our kids. And dry summers. And, a few other things, lol. Wondering whether I know ya....
                      Comms. I wish I was QAP! I travel too much to get to all of the QAP classes. I wish I could but the job is not 9-5 and I travel 2-3 week a month. I have been involved with them for just over a year.

Comment

Hello, Bumper, and welcome to the board. I too was born and raised in Texas and I also nomadic traits.

Feel free to jump on into the discussions and don't be shy about asking questions. Our board is made up of good folks all over the country. Each of us have our own little things that we specialize in, so there is a broad base of knowledge and experience represented here. With all of the things you mentioned, I'm sure you will be able to add quite a bit to the discussions, so don't be shy. You might have to elbow your way in to the table, but you won't offend anyone.

We are glad to have you here.

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Originally posted by Gena.KY
                          I usually like to welcome everyone who joins but I don't like that avatar. I am a big dog lover and it offends me. Now Millenium Man will not be the only one who gets crap from me about their avatar. If you change it, I will like you much better. Not that you care....just sayin'
                          I am a dog lover, too. Probably as much or more than anyone here. Our black lab has the run of the house and is much preferred over people. Given the choice of putting the gun to the head of her or my neighbor, the neighbor would get it. I'm just not easily offended.

Originally posted by AD View Post
                          Comms. I wish I was QAP! I travel too much to get to all of the QAP classes. I wish I could but the job is not 9-5 and I travel 2-3 week a month. I have been involved with them for just over a year.
                          QAP does take a time commitment. I believe I went through QAP with a couple of people from Comms, I'll have too dig up my graduation pics and see if there is anyone you recognize. I had a blast in the posse and I miss it a lot....
                          Bumper

Comment

Oh Bumper, thank you so much. I like your new avatar much much better. I am so glad that you let me know that you like dogs. That is the first time that I have ever been mean to a new member. You did not HAVE to change it....although it made me cringe to look at it....I am very glad that you did.

Now!!! Let's start over......
                            Hi Bumper, welcome to the site. Make yourself at home. Ask us something or tell us something. Don't be shy. By the way, I love your avatar. Hope to see on here passing time with us while we wait on the next book from AA.

I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

By the way, Bumper, I happened to have liked the other avatar. Dark and dry humor is appreciated around here. And don't let little Gena fool you into thinking she is all sweet and innocent, because I know for a fact that she eats horsemeat and LIKES it. As a matter of fact, quite a few people around here like horsemeat, so we really aren't that sensitive.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
                              X