Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All...

Hello,

Just wanted to stop in and drop a little intro. I have just finished reading GOING HOME and really enjoyed it. I started reading books of this nature a couple years ago when I read ONE SECOND AFTER. After a lull in reading I ended up with Mat Brackens Enemies trilogy and read them like a crack head. After that a friend turned me on to JWR's Patriots series ( I detected a little dig on Patriots in Going Home) I really enjoyed that series of books too. I have just finished reading Going Home and finished it in just a few days (slow reader). I can't wait to get the next one downloaded to my Kindle.

I ran across this site while looking at reviews of Going Home and was interested in Morg's Pack it seemed like he had a BUNCH of stuff in that thing. Being a former 11B2P (Airborne Infantry) what he had on him was completely plausible and I actually own most of what was covered in the book. Probably the only other thing I would have had would have been a broken down AR in the car with me.... Like an American Express..... I don't leave far from home without one.

I look forward to reading the next three installments of the series.

Keep up the fine work AA... Don't let the nay sayers get to you.... People on the interwebs are like vultures the find one little error or something they don't agree with and start picking at it.

Thank You for and entertaining book that I hope will continue to open peoples eyes.

Proud American Patriot

Welcome, so you were one of those soldiers that jumped out of perfectly good airplanes? Not that I wouldn't happily give it a try myself, just probably wouldn't be doing it where there's people shooting at me.

Have you found the second, third, and fourth books yet?
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome proud american.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome proud_american_patriot177.

As you're obviously not afraid to jump, jump on in. We've got lots of good people and lots of good info; well,we try anyway.
        Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Welcome from southern N.M. Thank you for your service.
          Many here have been hanging with the author since he started writing Going Home one chapter at a time on another board.
          Feel free to join in the lunacy. There's a lot of information contained herein, but we're always happy to have more.
          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome to the board .
            Thank you for your service .

DD
            OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Welcome from me too. I want to thank you for your service to our country. Don't be shy, ask us something or tell us something. Now...get to reading those books. Each one is as good as the one before.
              I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome aboard PAP and thank you for your service to this nation. I don't worry about the haters out there, there's far more folks that enjoy the books.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

First off, thank you for your sacrifice..... Welcome to the asylum.. Paste is available in many different flavors and sizes.. Straight jackets not required..
                  Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome and Thanks for your service! Enjoy the books,and Cucaracha!
                    People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                    ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Welcome home.
                      Kessler
                      I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure....
                      INCOMING GUNFIRE ALWAYS HAS THE RIGHT-OF-WAY!

Comment

Welcome to the board, PAP. I just started on the first book in Bracken's trilogy lastnight (Thanks Kick). We are glad to have you join up. There is all kinds of usefull as well as useless information around here, but we do try to help each other be better prepared. Feel free to jump right into the discussions and tell us what you think.

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. All your gratitude for my service is humbling and much appreciated. We live in an uncertain world these days and I fear what lies ahead. I am a new father with a six month old baby girl and is scares the shit outta me looking to the future and what may come.

I have had to reevaluate everything! I was a loner of sorts for many years with only myself to take care of but now the only thing that matters to me in this world is ensuring the safety of my wife and daughter. We live in a rural part of Eastern NC and feel that we are better prepared then most but not nearly enough for the long haul. I am teaching myself about wild edibles (one thing I think Morg would probably have done and so should you all) because foraging is going to be very important. As well as hunting and fishing. I am fortunate that I live in an area that we can do all that.

I look forward to getting involved here when I can.

Take care and be safe.
                          PAP

Comment

That new-parent gig gets a lot of people to look at the world differently, you're not alone. Too bad prepping isn't introduced in all the new-parent reading material available.

"Now that you have a baby, be sure to prepare ahead for whatever kind of disasters strike your area, from killer blizzards that leave people without power and water for a month, to superstorms that destroy infrastructure. Have a few changes of the next several sizes of clothing and shoes baby will need, as they will be in them before relief arrives. Similarly, have baby food stocked before baby is weened from breast or bottle. If nursing, be sure to look ahead to weening, and have a bottle of mommy's favorite wine on hand, and the means to chill it!"
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Jumping out of a perfectly good flying airmachine. What were you thinking? Oh and welcome to the other side. We have already ate all the cookies.
                              If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Working...
                              X