Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from N. Al.

Hi everyone.

It has been a long time since I was introducing myself on a forum.

I read the "Going Home" and "Surviving Home" and posted about it on the Survival & Emergency prep forum on Homesteading Today.
    I was recommending my group to read them as they had a good bit of practical knowledge and scene to make you think and check to see if you could survive various things.

Tex was over there, and recommended I come over here since I liked those books so much, and will be getting the others soon.

I liked the books as I could see most of the scenes happening if certain things happen. I liked the people of the books.

I'm not on my own land, and have some skills and some preps, could always use more (who couldn't ?).

But thank you for having me, and thanks to those that helped with that wrinkle that happened when I was registering.

Angie

Welcome Angie

Comment

Welcome to the board, Angie. Feel free to look around and jump into the discussions.

Tex
      = 2
      sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome. Just a fair warning, if any part of your family has been in or near Alabama for more than a couple generations, there's at least a couple of us you're probably related to - if only distantly.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I'm near Huntsville AL. Got here in 1963. Space program kid. Always wanted a big porch with a small or med cabin attached, on a hill, with trees and a stream nearby.

So, maybe we are distance cousins in some manner. I started thinking prep stuff when working at a H/W and S/W company in 1999 and the s/w engineers were giving a talk on y2k, and they were really worried. And it's built since then. (and yes, there were things being done the whole year of 1999 to keep the talked about events from happening).

Comment

Welcome from southern New Mexico. Don't worry, I doubt that we're related.
            Defund the Media !!

Comment

You dont know kick. She may be walking around on one foot.

Comment

Welcome Angie.. Glad to have ya here..
                Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome from Missouri Angie.
                  Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy, ask us something or tell us something. The only way to learn is from each other.
                    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Thanks for checking us out Angie, feel free to jump right in.
                      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Hey Angie. Small 'net, huh?
                        Tex invited me over from SB, along with a group of friends from there.

Comment

Hi Sacajawea - yep small internet for those that prep and believe in what may happen. Tex invited me, too. I was telling some folks to read AA's books.

Comment

Welcome Angie.
                            Thanks for taking the leap.
                            Pastemistress. Now aka Mimi

Comment

Welcome ! from FL.
                              People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                              ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Working...
                              X