June 5, 2014: D-Day + 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 5, 2014: D-Day + 70

Normandy:Surviving D-Day(full documentary)

"“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

The Longest Day (full movie)
    "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

My grandfather was with those brave souls that day.. He made it home by the grace of God, wounded, shaken, but alive and for the most part, had the mental capacity to live a somewhat normal life. His stories were a true glimpse into history, and an experience of war that was very close and personal to me. I felt honored when he talked of his time with his brothers. To see the pride in his eyes, mixed with the pain inflicted upon those who have experienced the battlefield to an extent of which most of us (hopefully) will never know was awe inspiring.

So many give their lives in wars not started by them, but in rooms full of material goods that are only for the privileged. So many give their souls for the common good, for freedom, for liberty. I love them all. He went to his grave a proud member of our armed forces. When they played his final tune and sent him off with the 21 shots of honor, it was one of the toughest days of my life, but also one of the proudest....
      Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Sad to say the future generations will have no clue and won't care about any history that this land and people have. Hell most don't have a clue now and that is a sad way for this country.
        If you heard the shot you weren't the target!

Comment

Did y'all notice that I have June 5 as D-Day? Did ya?

I'll tell you why.

Its because nobody tells me, in the basement, nothin' about nothin'. How the hell was I supposed to know it was delayed cuz of the weather? Whatya think, I'm friggin' Jasper Maskelyne, or Kreskin or something?

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanBTGoG View Post
            Did y'all notice that I have June 5 as D-Day? Did ya?

I'll tell you why.

Its because nobody tells me, in the basement, nothin' about nothin'. How the hell was I supposed to know it was delayed cuz of the weather? Whatya think, I'm friggin' Jasper Maskelyne, or Kreskin or something?
            Dumbass lol....
            Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Working...
            X