This series changed me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This series changed me

As a newcomer, I'll introduce myself. I'm Barry, I live in NH, and I travel back and forth to NYC 3 times a week and twice to Boston as a part of my job. So I'm often more than 300 miles from home. Going Home made me really think about what would happen if I were on the road in the event of a disaster. In the end, I'd be one of the helpless refugees on the road and would likely not make it home to my wife and kids. Even though a CME/EMP event is not all that likely (but very possible), it made me realize that there are many situations that would leave me utterly stranded. I have a backpack that I bring to work that had been previously full of junk that I thought I might need. Now, it's been reformatted into a get-home bag of sorts. I have first-aid, sleeping gear, cooking gear, weapons, clothing, etc.
    "Survival" has become somewhat of a hobby now and emergency preparations at home have been underway as well.

Because of all the driving time I have at work, I've been able to enjoy all of the series on Audible. Duke Fontaine has a great voice for this and does a great job portraying the various characters. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next book

Barry
    Last edited by yrrabsille; 06-05-2014, 10:42 AM. Reason: Sp.

It's quite an experience to wake up, isn't it? Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Welcome to the group
      Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. There are a few of you up that way that you will be introduced to. Jump right in any of the discussions.
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome ! Lots of knowledge here and it is FREE !!

Comment

Howdy from florida
            Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

We're starting to run out of paste and windows in here! As of today we're rationing paste to one cup per person per day and only two hours per person per window.

W E L C O M E!
              You're still walking free. Enjoy it while you can.
              Homesite: http://millenniummangear.com
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/millenniumgear

Comment

Welcome Barry.

Comment

Welcome to the fray... Sit down and stay a spell.....
                  Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome from me too. Dont be shy.
                    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

You guys must be done with the tour of the ranch and sitting back having lunch.

Comment

Welcome to the board .
                        We are here to help.

DD
                        OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Welcome to the site. Jump in and get to know everyone.

Comment

Awesome for you!

Comment

Welcome to the board. You certainly came to the right place if you are wanting to learn how to be better prepared. We have all diferent types of folks and experiences represented here, so if you have any questions, go ahead and ask.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
                              X