bug out truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug out truck

Do any of you have a truck just for buging out?

sadly no, I have in my head what I would want as a bug out truck but that's as far as I've gotten

Comment

I have a lifted 79 Bronco if I can ever get pics to load will post one.

Comment

What seems to be the problem, it may be flaky to upload a pic from a phone, but from a computer it should work. Just click the upload image button, browse to picture, upload, or use the URL tab, and link it up that way.

Comment

Maybe the site doesn't like Fords.....

Comment

'78 custom, overbuilt, Jeep CJ (built for mt. brush firefighting; redundant everything important) towed by a 4x4 F250 (for sleeping and packing the kitchen sink. However, we're bug IN folk, primarily - as gray as we can be in this day & age and not be guilty of compromising our principles.

Comment

can't I've posted pictures of my Ford no problemo

Comment

I post photos from my phone all the time, after I expand what's on screen so I can click on the button to upload, then I have to shrink everything down so the upload box comes into view, then proceed normally.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                  I post photos from my phone all the time, after I expand what's on screen so I can click on the button to upload, then I have to shrink everything down so the upload box comes into view, then proceed normally.
                  Another reason for tapatalk, it makes it so much easier

Another way is to put them on photobucket and just copy the "IMG" code. Paste it in the post and you're good to go.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder if you post a pic of your vehicle, blur out the license plate, please.

Who? Me? Paranoid?

Kelly

Comment

Bog, I know it seems strange, but I don't like having lots of apps on my phone. It came with the web browser.

Anyway, two "trucks" - three if you count the one at son & daughter in law's place.

A suburban that has never failed at any task we asked of it - has the big block, once towed a car from Austin to Corpus, and it didn't even affect the mileage.

A full size Dodge, was the late father in law's. It seems to like me best, the things that go wrong happen to people who drive aggressively, muscle up on the shifter, keep their foot in the carburetor, etc. Pretty sure the cruise control only works for me, and it may be inhabited by the father in law. It's where I talk to him most.

3rd one may not qualify as a proper truck. It's purple, which I don't mind, but it's also a poor little lightweight of a riceburner. My son only took it in lieu of proper payment for how much my daughter's ex owed him. It still has more cargo space than his car, so if they have to load up and go, they have more haulage.
                      quam minimum credula postero

Comment

I did lots of research before i bought our last truck and I came up with a 4th generation toyota 4 runner with a v8. That model has full time 4x4 with a great 4x4 system which allows you to use the foot break to trick the spinning wheels into traction when a wheel is in the air. Has toyota reliability and room for a good amount of gear. The full time 4x4 sold me as I wanted something I could count on getting my wife and kid home when she had no offroad experience nor a desire to gain it. Downs sides have been little room for a second battery under the hood, lower mpg due to full time 4x4, front calipers have had to be replaced due to binding, and the paint on the plastic body bits is coming off after 10 years in the florida sun. Otherwise great truck, we love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jstwaiting View Post
                          Maybe the site doesn't like Fords.....

Hmm...lets test that theory......nope

shaq57.jpg

Nicknamed "Shaq" (big, black, goofy looking) this is mine. It's "chicken teeth" as one of my friends called it....a 6 speed manual, diesel, short bed, 4x4, crew cab, dually. I wanted something that could fit in the garage. I was going for an F-150 but since the yuppies and suits all started buying them and suburbans...well...they went all stupid on the amenities as well as price. You can't BUY a handshaker F-150 now. So when I found this truck used in Indiana with 75k on the clock in Indiana for less than my budget....well...I jumped on it.

Slowly making upgrades.

My best friend is the service manager at Cummins Atlantic and we're patiently trying to score a 12v mechanical for a slow build. But the stock engine runs fine with less than 10 degree difference. But I went ahead and replaced the oil cooler, flushed the anti-freeze and did an EGR delete just in case ( Achilles heel of that engine)

Use to have all chrome bumpers and grille but I've swapped those out to run a little less shiny.

Comment

Looks like you are trying to compensate for something

Sweat truck.

Comment

Psssshht. No idea why you'd say that. People are always accusing me of that! Every time I brag about my 2014 ZR-1 corvette, my ferrari and my Jesse James Chopper. I mean...if they only saw my M920 converted to expansiable they'd realize I'm not compensating...I just have a BIG LOAD to carry

10259972_374791049326732_947682484871751560_n.jpg

Actually, the M920 belongs to a friend of mine who's a G.L. reseller with tons of 5-tons for sale. This is his personal "compensator" (and those are the 53" tires...they LOOK like the regular 47's but they're the big ones. This thing DWARFS a 5 ton!)

Comment

Working...
                              X