Ladies *** HOT HOT HOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies *** HOT HOT HOT

I didn't really know where to post this. Mods please move it to the correct section if necessary.

Here will be your favorite thing all summer.

Bra Coolers !

Some of you have probably seen & maybe use the Neck Coolers in the summer heat. I've made a pattern for smaller ones that slip inside your underwires. Really helps keep you cool.

Directions: Use tightly woven cotton or muslin fabric. Cut 2 pieces 8" long x 2" wide. With right sides together, stitch into 2 tubes, 1/4" seam. Double stitch the whole length with a very short stitch length. Pin 1 end with a safety pin & use it to turn right side out.

Double stitch 1 end shut. Add 1/8 teaspoon of Soil Moist or Water Storing Crystals. (stuff you add to potting soil so you don't have to water as often, not perlite) Yes, just 1/8 tsp. Double stitch the other end.

To Use: Soak for 5 minutes or until rounded (about the size of your index finger. Do not oversoak, they can burst the seams or the stuff will seep out and they won't be usable any more.

You can use them over & over. Mine (the soaked one in the pic) are on their 3rd summer. Just give them a quick soak each morning.

To Clean: When at least mostly dry, clean with any hand soap or laundry soap & rinse thoroughly. Do not lay them out to dry on wooden surfaces.

Hints:
    If you're outside at night and start to get really chilly, remember to take them OUT!
    If you need to any time while you're wearing them, just take them out & re-wet the fabric, let cool for a minute & put them back in.
    They do absorb sweat, but don't seem to hold odors.

Attached Thumbnails

Ask questions if you like.
    Last edited by Betty Buckshot; 07-12-2015, 11:51 AM. Reason: fixed error in measurement

Betty you should hit the craft fairs with these.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by DMH View Post
      Betty you should hit the craft fairs with these.
      Thanks.
      I have sold a few pairs. Gave some to a co-worker & she ordered 6 prs for all her friends for Christmas. LOL

Comment

Sorry, I need to amend the original instructions. Cut the strips 2 in wide, not 1 1/2"

Comment

BUMP... Summer is here I'm making some more today for a friend.

Comment

Working...
          X