Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been trolling long enough

Good day all.

Just another guy from NC. I've been reading here for a while and tend not to post much until after I get a feel for the place.

Loved the the books and can't wait for the next installment!

Looks like fisty has broken the ice so to speak

I hope to to contribute as time allows, but rest assured I read quite a bit and even try to watch all the videos that AmericanBTGog posts. Lol

Thanks for having me.

Hey, Bog, Welcom To The Board.

I won't go into my regular spiel since you have been lurking. You know where everything is for the most part. Start jumping into the conversations and let us know what you think.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Thanks Tex,

I'll actually be up in your neck of the woods this summer. Going to a class with the boys at TBAC for some less loud "training".

Comment

Bog

Looks like some good training. In the middle of a build of a Rem 700. Got a Vortex Viper PST6x24x50 FFP on a badger 20 MOA rail on a Choate left handed. Next step is the can. Do you have one of their cans?

Comment

Bog, you got a feel for the place and still decided to join in? You are one crazy dude! Welcome from me and don't be shy.
          I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
            Bog

Looks like some good training. In the middle of a build of a Rem 700. Got a Vortex Viper PST6x24x50 FFP on a badger 20 MOA rail on a Choate left handed. Next step is the can. Do you have one of their cans?
            I've got the 30BA that I use on my surgeon 260, grendel, and 300blk also have one of their 22 cans for the little mans savage FV-SR. Their quality is unmatched!

Originally posted by Gena.KY View Post
            Bog, you got a feel for the place and still decided to join in? You are one crazy dude! Welcome from me and don't be shy.
            Crazy right?
            lol

Comment

Where about will you be, Bog? If you get close, let me know and you can come out to the ranch. The rest of this bunch will be out here next week.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Bog

I like the replacement they are showing and the specs on the break alone. I may look into that one for my 30 and 22 cal long guns. I have a Outback 2D for the XYL' s P22 and my 10/22 Tac.

Comment

Douglas, WY around the July 24th weekend.

I haven't decided if I'm flying or driving yet - I fly enough for work, the drive will do me some good.

Comment

Bog, that is literally just down the road from me. I am straight north of there. Stay in touch and let's try to make a plan to get together. Also, I don't know if you are planning on staying in a motel/hotel, but if you are, you need to get a room reserved. The oilfield is booming and rooms are hard to come by.

If you would like to get together and do a little shooting, I have plenty of room out here. If you would like to set some targets up way out there, I've got room to do that too.

Tex
                    = 2
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AD View Post
                      Bog

I like the replacement they are showing and the specs on the break alone. I may look into that one for my 30 and 22 cal long guns. I have a Outback 2D for the XYL' s P22 and my 10/22 Tac.
                      Nice!

The new brake design works very well (not that the old style didn't). I've got an order in for the new model, but God only knows when I might actually have the can in hand. I really like the brake attached versions because you can get the extra brakes for multiple rifles and then just swap the can to what you'll be using it on.

I picked up an AAC element II and really like the form factor, very easy to clean too. We've put about 1500-1600 rounds through it so far and it's been pretty impressive.

Comment

Snipers Hide was going to host a ELR shoot their this week but moved it to east of Denver

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                          Bog, that is literally just down the road from me. I am straight north of there. Stay in touch and let's try to make a plan to get together. Also, I don't know if you are planning on staying in a motel/hotel, but if you are, you need to get a room reserved. The oilfield is booming and rooms are hard to come by.

If you would like to get together and do a little shooting, I have plenty of room out here. If you would like to set some targets up way out there, I've got room to do that too.

Tex
                          Good note on the room, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Having a bit of a get together would be great, I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

Stretching it it out is what it's all about sadly around here we are pretty limited on distance so I like to do a bit of traveling and this year happens to be WY. Before that it was my old stomping grounds in Kingsville, TX. Now we are working on a range here that should give us right about 1250 yards if all goes as planned. It'll be nice to have that about 15 minutes from the house to go and play!

Thanks again for the great offer!

Comment

If you want to bring a distance shooter with you, we can set some targets up here on the ranch. AD, AA and Unseenone can attest to the available distance I have here and you wont have to worry about any interference except for the wind. I've got 800yds right off the back porch. Look in the farming and ranching section for a thread about a hunt in Wyoming. There are a few pics in there that shows the terrain and distance available. The pics were taken here on the ranch when another member here brought his family out for a pronghorn hunt.

Tex
                            = 2
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
                              If you want to bring a distance shooter with you, we can set some targets up here on the ranch. AD, AA and Unseenone can attest to the available distance I have here and you wont have to worry about any interference except for the wind. I've got 800yds right off the back porch. Look in the farming and ranching section for a thread about a hunt in Wyoming. There are a few pics in there that shows the terrain and distance available. The pics were taken here on the ranch when another member here brought his family out for a pronghorn hunt.

Tex
                              Very nice!

I will likely have the 260, and probably the 7wsm with me. She (the 7wsm) likes to get out past the 1200 mark, unfortunately rarely gets to do so unless we're at a match somewhere.

I've got some friends nearby (well CO) that I visit, and sometimes make it up to Cheyenne, but haven't got to venture around much more of the state other than that. The other thought was to ship the rifles to the destination and ride the bikes up, but we're still playing that by ear at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X