Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hornets Nest. Saw this today on Memorial Day. Everyone make a point to see it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornets Nest. Saw this today on Memorial Day. Everyone make a point to see it.

We went to see Chef but there were no seats, so K and I went for our second choice the Hornets Nest.

A father and son team are imbedded with several different units in Afghanistan, 3 Army and 1 Marine unit.

Its real footage in one section a 9 day fire fight.

The end of the movie when they are doing a service for those lost in the battle and when the CSM does roll call it gets real smoky in the room so take a bunch tissues. To see him so stoic doing roll call and then break down after was just too much to take.

Hornets Nest is a groundbreaking and immersive feature film, using unprecedented real footage to tell the story of an elite group of U.S. troops sent on a dangerous mission deep inside one of Afghanistan’s most hostile valleys.

The film culminates with what was planned as a single day strike turning into nine intense days of harrowing combat against an invisible, hostile enemy in the country’s complex terrain where no foreign troops have ever dared to go before.

Two embedded journalists, a father and son, bravely followed the troops through the fiercest and most blood-soaked battlegrounds of the conflict. What resulted is an intensely raw feature film experience that will give audiences a deeply emotional and authentic view of the heroism at the center of this gripping story.

The Hornet’s Nest exemplifies the heroism and courage of our military personnel who face endless gun battles, roadside bombings, and sniper fire from an invisible enemy whose one goal is to kill Americans.

This is the story of our most valiant soldiers and Marines, told through the narrative of a father and son, attempting to reconnect under unimaginable circumstances, who are assigned to cover the conflict for one of the United States’ major broadcast networks.

Every American who sees this powerful film will gain a greater understanding of the heroism and sacrifice made by our soldiers and Marines in combat to protect our freedom.

Partnership screenings have been taking place all over the country, including special screenings at the Napa Film Festival, the G.I. Film Festival and at the Asian Society in New York for the Easter Seals.

The all-star soundtrack, featuring the song “Follow Me” by five-time Grammy winner Wynonna Judd and husband Cactus Moser, will be available from Gratitude Entertainment in 2014.
    Last edited by AD; 05-26-2014, 08:25 PM.

AD, my employer was one of the big financial backers to Hornet's Nest. They were able to get an advanced screening here in town a few months back. I was able to talk with one of the executive producers. They even had a few of the soldiers from the documentary in the audience.
    For myself having been in the service I couldn't thank them enough for making this documentary.

Comment

Working...
    X