Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap multi-cam surplus soon?

Interesting, looks close to multi-cam.

The Army is replacing its Universal Camouflage Pattern with Scorpion, a pattern similar to MultiCam developed around 2002.
    I'm drunk tonith.

way to close. i saw the two side by side and they are toio close to call.

Comment

Surplus...maybe so. I just wish the uniform nonsense would end for a while. I've had 6 different utility/combat uniforms in 10 years between stateside use and deployments. Part of that is unique to my job and getting tasked to support other services, but still....

Comment

still way better than the Pajama Pattern that Australian Army uses, I have two packs, one in ACU and one in ozcam the Ozcam stands out, you might as well be wearing a hi-vis vest , the ACU just blends in !!
        ozcam-CFS04-1001x1001.jpg

Comment

It looks like Crye's greed priced himself out of the market. Cut his nose of to spite his face... too bad.. There has been a fair amount of issued Multicam, it's around but I don't think it will ever be as heavy as previous patterns. You can buy it, but it's more expensive, as the article indicates.

Yes, I think the uniform thing has gotten rediculous, and is costing us a fortune. Pick one and stick to it for a while. It seems like it's cheaper to pay Cryes price than waste more money developing 2nd rate crap to it.
          Last edited by unseenone; 05-25-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Just look at the cost of the webbing use to make molle on a packs or vets

Here is the 1in MILSPEC Berry compliant Multican webbing cost per foot
            For over 29 years Rockywoods has the industries trusted and goto source for a wide variety of items from neoprene to CORDURA® fabrics, webbing to COBRA® buckles, sun protective fabrics to tape fasteners. Rockywoods offers you a single point to get the items you need to make the gear and clothing you want.

Quantity
            Price
            1 – 99. $1.89
            100 – 999 $1.39
            1000 + $1.35

Vs
            1 in solution dyed Coyote nylon
            For over 29 years Rockywoods has the industries trusted and goto source for a wide variety of items from neoprene to CORDURA® fabrics, webbing to COBRA® buckles, sun protective fabrics to tape fasteners. Rockywoods offers you a single point to get the items you need to make the gear and clothing you want.

Quantity
            Price
            1 – 99 $1.05
            100 – 999 $0.63
            1000 + $0.61

Comment

Yeah, cryes are ridiculously expensive!

The uniform thing has been annoying. It's not just the uniform development and purchase that costs money. It's also all the matching armor, pouches, packs, etc.

I'm curious to see how the new pattern works out. I guess it will not bear as much cost to use as it matches the current pattern fairly well, so gear re-issue may not be necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X