Greetings from Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Central Texas

Hello everyone! Found AA's site after reading Going Home. Half way through the second book now. Awesome stuff!

I've been reading things here and there on the forum and decided to join up! So far everyone here appears to be very inviting and helpful.

I'm just now getting a late start into prepping and am on the lookout for great information, resources and discussion. While I'm a bit of a city guy, and a tech head - I consider myself to be decently resourceful and creative when it comes to "re-using" things.

Hope I can contribute in some way down the road!

Thanks.

Andrew.

Welcome to the nut house Andrew! Inviting and helpful, boy do we have you fooled. Hope you brought extra paste and glue to share. Join in chat sometime, there is a group of us in there most nights.
    http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Oh yeah, that's us...helpful and inviting. Just kiddin', we do try. It is better to get a late start than not at all. By the time you finish reading all of AA's books, you will be scared to leave your house without a big ol back pack full of stuff. We don't care if you contribute or not, it is OK if you are here to learn. Don't be shy, if you don't see something you are looking for, just ask.

I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Hello, from central Texas. Don't worry, even small contributions are fine, tell us if you find a restaurant supply store that has large cans of things you ALWAYS use large amounts of, or if you put some handy gizmo on your key ring that would be useful in emergencies. Whatever.
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome !! We have a few tech heads here already so you should feel right at home.

Comment

Hi Andrew, Welcome from Missouri. Feel free to jump in and comment on any thread.
            Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
            Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome to the boards, we can always use some more brains around here, we seem to run a deficit.
              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

AA, be careful who you go comparing to the government, that kind of talk could get ya in trouble.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome from PA.

Comment

Welcome from East TX. Its never to late to start prepping. A good place to start with long term storage food is the LDS Canneries. They are run by Mormons and there are several in TX or you can order online and they only charge a few dollars for shipping. Don't let the inmates scare you away.
                    NICHEVO

Comment

Welcome from Florida !
                      People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                      ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Originally posted by angeryamerican View Post
                        Welcome to the boards, we can always use some more brains around here, we seem to run a deficit.
                        Huh?
                        Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome...
                          Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Don't reinforce his buffoonery kick!
                            NICHEVO

Comment

Hi, Andrew, and welcome to the board. I'm glad you saw the people here for what they really are. Everybody around here does try their best to help one another out as much as possible. We have got one of the best boards around, I think.

There are many ways to get better prepared and they are pretty much all right, so don't get hung up on feeling like you have to do things in any particular way. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Go ahead and jump into the discussions.

Tex
                              = 2
                              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Working...
                              X