Another Tex Tribe member...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tex Tribe member...

Hi, I'm Sacajawea and lets see, how to make this the "readers digest" version length?

I grew up both around the steel industry and the amish. Seems like most "prepping" is just how I was raised - you always "saved for a rainy day", put extra food back just in case, and were able to function without power. I'm on the downhill side of 50 with adult "kids" - have had several different "lives": starving boho artist, homesteader, techie support/trainer behind enemy lines in higher ed... teacher for a while too...

I co-own a small company in another state, but for all intents & purposes I'm retired. That just means that I when I choose to, I can devote myself to research & learning about things I never needed to know before - finance, politics... or I can work the garden (my 3rd I think; from scratch), buy canning jars for the 3rd time... and take advantage of the tech progress in providing for my own & hubby's self-reliance. I'm learning to shoot, and how to deal with my new environment in NC's Outer Banks.

OH... and I'm addicted to discussion forums - right Mogli? LOL....

... aaaaaannnnd the newbie posts in the wrong forum, of COURSE...
    Last edited by Sacajawea; 05-09-2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: oops

Welcome to the board, Sacajawea.
    Have a look around and see what you think. We have something for everyone. Be sure and check out our chatroom. It usually gets busy on Friday nights.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome Sac.

Comment

Welcome to the board.
        There is plenty of information to get lost in and a great group of people .
        Enjoy the ride .

DD
        OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

In the mornings, I'm on my PC - and later in the day, the ipad so hubs has company.
          I don't know how easily the ipad will function with chat... but I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Welcome to the fray..
            Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
              In the mornings, I'm on my PC - and later in the day, the ipad so hubs has company.
              I don't know how easily the ipad will function with chat... but I'll give it a shot.
              Works well. I do have issues with spell check.... Touch the red underlined word and it goes instantly from the correct answer to select, select all, copy paste. Very annoying.

And you dont get a "beep/ding" when a new post pops in. So if your surfing on another page you cant tell if the is a new post.

Comment

Hiya, the chat works pretty good on my phone and tablet, should work pretty good.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Originally posted by Sacajawea View Post
                  I grew up both around the steel industry and the amish.
                  Lets guess. You know how to rett up the place, about pierogies, and you'ens still mourn the passing of Duke beer. Or you know how to do a Dutch cleaning, shoefly pie, and know at least 3 people named Yoder. Or you're from Oh-friggin-hio.

Anyway, welcome to the monkey house.
                  "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Welcome to the nut house. I see someone has shortened your handle to a slightly icky nickname...

I'm gonna go with SJ instead!

Welcome, again,
                    Kelly

Comment

Welcome Sacajawea! What AD said about the iPad and chat is what I experience on my iPad. Worth the trouble to sit outside on a nice evening!
                      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanBTGoG View Post
                        Lets guess. You know how to rett up the place, about pierogies, and you'ens still mourn the passing of Duke beer. Or you know how to do a Dutch cleaning, shoefly pie, and know at least 3 people named Yoder. Or you're from Oh-friggin-hio.

Anyway, welcome to the monkey house.
                        Yes to the Dutch cleaning, shoefly pie and the Yoders! My brother married one. AND I'm from O-HI-O, LOL!!

And in my native lingo a "sack" is a paper bag. And many days I should wear one on my head like the "unknown comic".

Comment

See, I told'em I've got ESPN!! And my psycho powers!

But did I forget the dippy eggs and panhorse (a/k/a "WTF??? Scrapple this!!")?

And if you cut the Leb'non bologna too thin, its chipped, not shaved.
                          "“The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” – Thomas Paine

Comment

Hi Sac, I'm so glad you're here and I just want you to know, I think you're one sharp cookie. I hope you bring all your financial smarts with you too. :-)
                            I'm coming to get you.... AND, I'm bringing my dog!!!

Comment

I have a recipe for shoo fly pie that looks tempting, but I don't make it.

Mostly because, then I'd eat it!
                              Last edited by W.Lynn; 05-09-2014, 10:50 PM. Reason: Don't dis the scrapple, it can be good.
                              quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Working...
                              X