Just another Texan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another Texan

Just checking in after just joining. Found you guys after reading the Going Home books and searching for information. Nice to be here!

Here I sit, Buns a flexin'
    Just gave birth to anoth....

Well, you know what I mean. LOL. Welcome to the board, Cheeks. If you don't mind me bein' nosey, what part of Texas are you from? I am originally from NE Texas. My family has been up in there since the 1830's.

Some of us have been around since AA started writing this series and quite a few of us are friends outside of this board as well. Check things out and let us know what you think. We try to cover just about everything on here that is prepper or survival related. We even have a good section on Farming, Ranching and Homesteading. Several people have started threads telling about how they do things on thheir own places to become more self sufficient. Everyone here is very helpful and there is a wide array of knowledge and experience represented on this board. If you have questions, or if there is something you want to discuss, by all means jump in and let's visit.

Take care

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from PA.

Comment

Appreciate it, Im in Big "D". Been looking for some land around Red River County seems to be reasonable for a retreat. I spend a lot of time tho in East Texas around Bid Sandy.

Comment

Welcome from me Cheeks. Don't be shy. Jump on in & ask or tell whatever you want to.

I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

I grew up in Lamar county, but spent just as much time in Red River county and I know just about every inch of it. There is some very good and secluded areas for a BOL in that part of the state. If I still lived in Texas, that is probably where I would be. A person could skip right across the river into McCurtain county Oklahoma and get lost from everything if they wanted to. I used to live over there too. Quite a few people in that area of Texas and Oklahoma will acknowledge that there is the rule of law, but that doesn't mean they adhere to it. LOL. I always got along good with the people in that region. They did what needed doing and minded their own.

Do you know any of the people in Red River county?

Tex
            = 2
            sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Tex, I don't know anyone around that area. Ive just spent a lot of time looking at locations and it seems like a good place to be. Also, for my citified kids to have fun like I did growing up in the country..

Comment

Welcome to the board Cheeks, glad to have you here. I was just recently out in Dallas, you should have stopped by the expo.
                I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome fellow Texan ! Born there
                  People without any brains do an awful lot of talking. Don't they?!
                  ~the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz

Comment

Welcome... From the GREAT state of Kalifornia!
                    I'm coming to get you.... AND, I'm bringing my dog!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, I missed the Expo and am not happy about it!! AA, love the books!

Comment

Cheeks, what sort of work do you do?

What does your wife and family think about some sort of retreat in the middle of nowhere?

Tex
                        = 2
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome Cheeks!
                          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hello from outside of Austin (and I'm thankful, I couldn't stand being any closer than I am!) Have a good look around.
                            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome to the board .
                              Lots of stuff here
                              Great people

DD
                              OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Working...
                              X