Dwarf Citrus Trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwarf Citrus Trees

I found this old ad and did not know if anyone may be interested in a mini fruit tree. They offer 1 lime, 1 lemon and 1 orange tree for $12.99. I think they have a good price on them. Says it may take 1-3 years to get any fruit but they are small and take up little space. I don't have any experience with them but Julie has a couple of them & she may be able to answer some of your questions if you have them.

I tried to attach the ad with no luck. Try the website and see if you like them.

Says if you're not happy they will replace it or refund your full amount.
    I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

I didn't know this, but lemon blossoms smell really good! I've got a couple little lemons growing and about 4 little limes so far. It took a couple years but I think it will be worth when I don't get scurvy or rickets.

Comment

I have a dwarf lemon and orange. Julie speaks the truth I imagine a citrus orchard to smell heavenly. I grew a lemon last year, in Wyoming. I have found that the plants are very forgiving,

Comment

Yep, lemon tree on my to get list!
        Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
        Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

All citrus tree blooms smell great. Right now in my back yard it smell great from the orange and grapefruit trees

Comment

Thanks Gena, great idea!

I may get several orders sent to the mother in law, and coordinate with a niece to have them planted wherever she wants for Mother's Day. Mild enough weather in Corpus.
            quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Gena, I don't know if I got mine from the same place (it was from an eBay seller), but I purchased dwarf lemon, lime and orange trees nearly two years ago for $49.95. When they arrived they were just little twigs. They didn't do much at all for months, but last summer they started putting out new growth. No blossoms so far, but from what I understand, they fruit in the winter time? (At least I think that's when the fruit gets ripe.)

Here are some pictures taken today so you can see what they look like two years in. I don't know which one is which because my labels got wet in the rain and came off. I figure I will find out if they ever bear fruit.

Edited to add: Sorry! I did not realize this was an old thread. I'm apparently two months late. That's the story of my life.

Citrus 004.jpg

Citrus 001.jpg

Citrus 002.jpg

Citrus 003.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

That's OK El, better late than never. The little trees look happy and healthy. I think ya did good!
                I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Funny that you brought this up. Just last week I picked up 2 lemon trees (look like bushes to me) One of them has two little green blobs on them. It will be interesting to see how long it takes me to kill them this winter. I never seem to winter over plants well.
                  Anybody find any coffee bushes yet?
                  Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

El, I need you to come to my place and tame my yard. Yours looks so manicured I am jealous!
                    NICHEVO

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Nichevo. There is just something about having your parents living next door that will keep you working long past the time when you felt like stopping. (Not to mention, having your dad tell you every single time you cut it how you can improve on the job. )

Comment

El your little trees look really nice and healthy. Don't forget you have to prune them once before they will start to bear fruit. I didn't realize that until last year when my lemon (which had been pruned) started producing but my lime didn't. I called the place I got the trees from and she told me to prune it and sure enough this year four little limes. Probably you know that already, but just in case, I thought I'd try to help.

Comment

Thanks, Julie! I did prune them all last year. I know that one of them is all spread out now and looks like it could use a good pruning, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of good places to cut it. I will have to do more research on that. How old are your trees?

Comment

My trees are almost 3 years old. You probably don't need to prune it again unless you want to, to make it pretty. My rule of thumb is anything that is short or looks like it couldn't hold a fruit has got to go. That way all of the nutrients that are going to keep those little slacker branches going can go to the ones with fruit on them.

Comment

When I bring them inside this fall, I'll give them a trim. That one in particular is way out of control.

Comment

Working...
                              X