Hi from Moore OK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Moore OK

Hey, I've been prepping mentally since forever, but really started in 2007 or 2008 when I started listening to TSP (back when Jack was driving).

Thanks to my preps I've survived 2 disasters - a major snowstorm that stranded my car about 20 miles from nowhere, in which I walked home, and the May 20th tornado that nearly took out my house, and I had to walk home from work because the damage cut a 20 mile line between me and home. In addition, after the tornado there were zero communications, no way to get out of the damage zone thanks to the cops, and we lost power to the water treatment plant and the water coming out of the pipes was contaminated. My family got by just fine, and so did several of my neighbors who had no water.

I'm a old combat medic, so most of my preps tend to focus on trauma and firearms, but I'm learning. Growing my own food seems to be my biggest weakness... wife and I can't seem to get it down beyond growing peppers. We keep working on it though.

I absolutely love the series. I honestly only signed up for the forum because the images are blocked and I just had to see "morgans pack" that AA posted.

Welcome to the club. Hope you brought some cookies....or paste
    Whats's that smell? Is that me???

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse! I am pretty new too, but there are alot of good people here, who want to share knowledge.

Comment

welcome, don't let some of the residents hear scare you

Comment

Originally posted by wander View Post
          I absolutely love the series. I honestly only signed up for the forum because the images are blocked and I just had to see "morgans pack" that AA posted.
          Welcome... I guess the strategy is working. Mainly though, it's to prevent people without accounts in eavesdropping on our forums. Hopefully you will stick around.

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. Ask us something or tell us something. Thank you for your service to our country. We all love our military people on here. Come into chat if you feel spunky and say hi.
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome to the board, Wander. I very much enjoyed reading your intro. I hope you stick around as it sounds like you could maybe teach us a thing or two. We have several good threads over in the farming, ranching and homesteading section that may interest you. Some of us have some farms, ranches and homesteads working for us right now and we are all about sharing what information we have. Don't be afraid to jump in and ask some questions. You may find a few smartasses around who like to have fun, but you won't find any hateful trolls on this board. We try our best to help one another out with their prepping and self sufficiency concerns.

I have quite a bit of family down in your neck of the woods.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Welcome from Missouri Wander! It sounds like you could teach us a lot. Glad you and your family and homes are ok.
                Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Welcome from Central Florida!
                  Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Welcome, now join in! I used to volunteer at ROT Rally for experience, when I had a current EMT-B rating. Now I just handle matters in the family, and encourage others to get some training, and not just one person per family either, if 2 or 3 can, all the better.
                    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome Wander ,thank you for your service .
                      important information here mixed with crazy , so enjoy your stay.
                      DD
                      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Thank you for your service to our republic wander. Hope to see some posts from you.. Welcome to our little asylum...
                        Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

And a big welcome and "thanks" from southern New Mexico. Did someone say cookies?
                          Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome!

Kelly

Comment

Glad to see you joined wanderer, thank you for your service. We're a small forum but make up for it with quality folks.
                              I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Working...
                              X