Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Post

G'day from Australia

Just 'read' the Going Home series, and found my way here after a google search for book 4.
    Well I didn't really read them, we listened to them on Audible and Duke Fontane the narrator is great too.

Best 'read' ever.

funny my username is "Going" too as in our blog at www.goingbush.com We "Bugged" out of home a while ago and are now 'no fixed address' on the road full time. We are set up for independent remote travel and camping, now after reading the book I'm going to have to add some camo gear to our inventory, thank god there are no DHS or other alphabet Federal Agencies in this country!

can't wait for book 4

Welcome aboard, glad you found us. I saw your web site, it looks pretty cool. You'll find my "bugout" vehicle in the wheels 4x4 section. Lots of good information here, and I know someone who exports to Australia fairly regularly if there is something you can't get. We would love to hear all about your adventures, so start a thread, and post away, if it turns into something bigger, we'll set you up a section.

We'd be interested to know where you found out about the books as well.
    Last edited by unseenone; 02-24-2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Glad you found us, great to have someone represent the great nation of Australia. Like unseenone said, fill us in on your adventures.
      I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Welcome, do you travel in the south and east around the farming country, or do you like to get into the outback and head up into the hot northern and western places too?
        quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy, tell us about your adventures.
            I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome to the fray....
              Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome to the nut house! I am a fan of the Australian book series, Tomorrow, When the War Began. Have all the books and the movie. Visit us in chat some time.
                http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Hi and Welcome! Looking froward to hearing about you advetures.
                  Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
                  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Hey Goingbush, welcome to the board. If you like useful information cast out among a bunch of useless drivel, you are in the right spot. Seriously though, it sounds like you will have some interesting stories to tell and we look forward to reading of your exploits. We have a pretty good group with a bunch of varied knowledge and experience. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us. Also, don't hesitate to start some threads of your own. We are all here to help each other learn.

Tex
                    = 2
                    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Hello and welcome to the board .
                      This is a fun place to learn and play .
                      Keep you arms and legs in the vehicle at all times ..except when you get out .

DD
                      OH Boy.....did you try plugging it in ?

Comment

Hey thanks for all the welcome messages.

Originally posted by W.Lynn View Post
                        Welcome, do you travel in the south and east around the farming country, or do you like to get into the outback and head up into the hot northern and western places too?
                        well just for the last few months we have been travelling around the south east, just because we have to hang about for a family commitment for a few days in Sydney (groan) but really we can't wait to get up in to the north west, should be starting up a new 2014 blog as we make our way up to the Pilbara and Kimberley regions, once you get off the blacktop you can go a thousand kms and stay out for weeks without seeing another soul, which is just how I like it, but really have to be well prepared.

was just scanning thru some pics for one to post, think you guys might get a kick out of this one

26b.jpg

I'll get something more interesting together and post it up soon.

Comment

Oh that one's good, but it's the unique little places that stick in a traveler's mind. The sandwich stop on the edge of Port Augusta comes to mind.

Ever read Len Beadell's book about the Gunbarrel Road Construction Party? He's very descriptive, and as accurate as can be, describing the conditions out there, it's a good read and very funny.
                          Last edited by W.Lynn; 02-25-2014, 08:49 AM. Reason: Found the title, "Beating About The Bush"

Comment

Welcome, I had the pleasure of visiting your beautiful country some years back. Though I spent my time in Tasmania. Please post pics of the wildlife, I know we would all enjoy that.

Comment

doublel, if you ever get to go again, make sure to go to some of the wildlife parks - the kangaroos like lifesavers candy, but don't give them too many.

Comment

Working...
                              X