Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from south east cowboy country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from south east cowboy country!

Hi everyone, Tex sent me. I am fairly new to prepping though I have had a bad feeling about our world for some time. February 2013 our dearest daughter was born and that added a real necessity to becoming prepared, as I never wanted to tell her that we don't have food. My family owns a small, in wyoming terms, ranch with cattle and sheep. This spring we are going to start planting fruit trees and increase the size of the garden space. I look forward to meeting you all

Tex sent you???

You tell that no-good, rotten, son of a so-and-so ....

Hello.

And yeah, parenting sort of has that effect on some people. Hope your fruit trees work out, I put in just a couple apple trees over in Douglas for my mother once. One was a freebie and wasn't even labeled as an apple tree, but guess which one's still there, producing more than they have any use for? (It attracts deer, now. Trees as meat prep?)
    quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Welcome doublel. If Tex sent ya, well, I guess we'll just have to put up wi you. Have you read the Going Home series?
      Defund the Media !!

Comment

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy. Jump on in & let us know if you have any questions.
        I'm a ding bat & AA groupie

Comment

Welcome and congrats on your new little daughter.
          Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
          Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

W.Lynn, I ordered some apple trees, but I am most excited about the peach tree, it is a variety called reliance and is supposed to be hardy to zone 3, if it makes it to summer '15 I will get more of them. Also, am adding berry bushes. I think deer could be baited with apples, after the collapse of course when the game and fish red shirts aren't watching. Sidenote Douglas sure has grown up! It's hardly the same town as ten years ago.

Kickstand, I haven't read them yet. Since the kiddo arrived my literary intake has been limited to hungry caterpillars and goodnight moons, ect. I will get them and get started!

Gena.KY thank you I am very excited to have a place to exchange ideas and learn new things.

DMH thanks, having a one year old is a bit like having a goat in the house...she is into EVERYTHING, and climbing the curtains...it's truly amazing, and exhausting.

Comment

Welcome to the board. I am glad to see that you made it over here. Have a look around and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Tex
              = 2
              sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Ok, things to put on the shelf (for your own amusement in one case.)

Good Night Dune
                Go The **** To Sleep (available on youtube, read by Samuel L. Jackson!)
                Baby's First Mythos

And just about anything from the thinkgeek.com kids section.
                quam minimum credula postero

Comment

Nice to meet you! See, Tex is recruiting cause us Floridians are taking over the forum

Welcome from a fellow parent!
                  Daughter of a Ghost Town.

Comment

Welcome to the forum DL, look around and feel free to jump in. Congrats on that curtain climber, they sure do change the way you see things.
                    I'm drunk tonith.

Comment

Thank you W.Lynn for think geek.com....now I shall be very poor because I soo totally need one of each!!

Comment

Welcome to the nut house DL! Think Tex is working on a takeover, he keeps dragging people in here.
                        http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Comment

Well Tex found me, stray dog style, posting on craigslist for fellow Wyoming preppers. I am very appreciative that he invited me here and away from all the weirdos who for some reason think that seeking fellow preppers means I would enjoy seeing a picture of them naked........

Comment

LMAO at your above post (naked weirdos)... As others have said, welcome to the asylum for misfits... Looks like you'll fit right in... I'd be careful about knowing Tex though, lol.... Nah... He's a helluva good guy and a true patriot..... A gentleman and a scholar, maybe not so much.... Look forward to seeing your posts....
                            Liberty is NOT a privilege, it is a RIGHT

Comment

Welcome from PA. Don't have any recent pics of myself naked though.

Comment

Working...
                              X