Super Carter sworn in as Firefighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Carter sworn in as Firefighter

Carter is a terminally ill 3 year old, and now with only days to live. The local fire department had him a special fire helmet and badge made and swore him in as a firefighter. They had a parade of firetrucks go through his neighborhood and let him and his family tour them. The firefighter in the interview, Bill, is a friend of mine. We went to EMT school together. Be prepared to get a little misty eyed, especially reading the family blog.

Here is the blog that his family created to let everyone keep track of his battler against the cancer.

This is my story! Mom and dad started this blog to update you on how I'm doing and my progress. I'm diagnosed with neuroblastoma, stage 4. I have tumors in my head and stomach and maybe under my armpits. It is treatable and it's going to be a long ...

You will have a hard time finding a group of men with bigger hearts than those of the fire and EMS community.
    http://www.nstactical.com For all your prepping, tactical, freeze dried food, first aid, surplus, water filtration, and body armor needs!

Thanks Jag. That was a very cool story.

Tex
    = 2
    sigpic

If we cannot define a simple word like greatness, how can we ever hope to use it as a measuring stick to know when we have risen beyond average?

Comment

Thanks Jag for sharing. My heart breaks for children who have do deal with these kind of diseases. They can teach us all so much from their journeys. Prayers of comfort for him and his family.
      Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”
      Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Comment

Working...
      X